Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Coop *update*

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by Wendy C, Feb 26, 2020.

1. Wendy C

Wendy C Premium Member

May 30, 2019
    Paris, Ontario CANADA
    Cooper is back to his old self. lol He ate his breakfast and we took a short walk and he emptied himself so that’s all good! Kind of concerned about the snow we are supposed to get today, I think body movement is different in deep snow. His incision looks good and the Vet will see him next Wednesday. Wish me luck keeping him calm this will be a first!!

2. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Good luck Wendy and Cooper! Glad he bounced back so quickly! Yes, keeping them calm is the trick now!

3. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    How old is Cooper now? I had Finnie done at around 19 months and he was pretty easy to keep quiet.

KarenCurtis likes this.
  4. Wendy C

Wendy C Premium Member

May 30, 2019
    Paris, Ontario CANADA
    sadly Cooper only turns 1 on Friday. We tried to hold off as long as we could, but he was a humping and marking maniac! lol. The only blessing was the marking was outside and never inside. He is still a wild child, but today still a bit subdued maybe an anesthetic hangover?

Piper's mom likes this.
  5. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    I'm sure he'll be easy to keep quiet, just keep him on leash whenever you take him out and he'll be fine.
    Humping is more about dominance than sexual and a stern OFF can stop it right away.
    Funny thing, a couple days ago Piper got it in his head to hump Finnie. I think it's because since Finnie has been out of commission Piper has taken a more bossy role. He tried it once more but not since. And he's almost 5 lol!

Hanne, TheDailyPainter and Wendy C like this.
  6. Darren

Darren Premium Member

Nov 1, 2019
    Glad to see everything went well Wendy. He'll be back being a wild child before you know it ha!

Wendy C likes this.
  7. Wendy C

Wendy C Premium Member

May 30, 2019
    Paris, Ontario CANADA
    Ha is right Darren!! So far he isn’t to bad. We have been playing find it games with bits of kibble and treats to keep him busy, but not to active. He has been looking for his ball, but that’s still in the closet for now. :)

Ann, Darren and Calliesmom like this.
  8. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    I'm so glad he's doing well. Yes, it takes a few days for the anesthesia to work its way out of the system.

Wendy C likes this.
  9. Darren

Darren Premium Member

Nov 1, 2019
    Aw at least he is keeping busy. Just wait until you finally show him that ball in a few days, it will be crazy fun lol.

Wendy C likes this.
  10. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Thankfully, Liam is back to normal when he goes out to potty. He had an upset tummy for quite some time.
    Glad Cooper is being quiet and not making you have to get after him! Ball time is in your future, Cooper! We promise!
    I followed Lisa's advice and kept him on a leash for the first 2 days!