Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Cooper is home and dopey!! lol

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by Wendy C, Feb 25, 2020.

1. Wendy C

Wendy C Premium Member

May 30, 2019
    Paris, Ontario CANADA
    Cooper’s surgery went well. I’m not sure what was worse the look leaving him at the Vets or the look this morning when he found no food in his dish after our morning walk! lol. He has 3 days of pain meds, and told not to give him much food tonight. Like Gloria I am sleeping downstairs tonight and most likely tomorrow and I have hidden his ball. He still is a bit loopy right now so I am hoping for a quiet night. Tomorrow it will be the task of trying to keep him calm.

it was a busy day also hubby’s birthday...poor Cooper’s is on Friday! Bad timing...bad mommy! lol. Will update in the a.m. Night all!! :)

Ann, Sandy in CT, ghggp and 6 others like this.
  2. GlennR

GlennR Premium Member

Jan 11, 2019
    Ontario, Canada
    I'm pleased you have him home again. He'll be up to mischief in no time. :)

3. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    I'm glad all went well. I found the first week it didn't seem too hard to keep Finnie quiet but then I do work evenings and he was in his crate for the first few days. I'm sure by tomorrow Cooper will be feeling much better and by Friday he'll be ready for cake!

ghggp, TheDailyPainter and Hanne like this.
  4. MidWestJen

MidWestJen Premium Member

Mar 8, 2014
    Wisconsin
    Feel better, Cooper! So happy you're back home and resting!

Piper's mom and ghggp like this.
  5. Hanne

Hanne Premium Member

Nov 13, 2014
    Danmark
    Wendy good to hear that Cooper’s surgery went well
    Yes, it is so good to get them back home

6. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    So glad Cooper is safe and sound at home! Hope the night went well! I know it is hard to keep them calm. I had to put a leash on Liam a couple of times as he seemed to be too active.
    I don’t know if the vet told you to keep an eye on the site. I did not do that the first day as I knew how sore he was down there. Yesterday I checked with no drainage but slight bruising that the vet warned me about! He said to watch for any swelling.
    Be good Cooper so mom can let you have a bit of cake!
    Poor Liam still has a tummy upset!

Piper's mom and Wendy C like this.
  7. Wendy C

Wendy C Premium Member

May 30, 2019
    Paris, Ontario CANADA
    Yes we had an issue with one of a Pyrs so we knew to keep an eye on the incision. He was a rescue and when we brought him home he had a sack hanging the size of an orange and we had to rush him in to the Vet. Cooper is somewhat heavy, never lies on his back, but we we found works is hubby holds the front end up from behind so I can see the site well and I take a picture so we can both take a look at it and compare the day before. lol.

on a side note 2 of our vets also care for large animals, cows, horses etc. As we were leaving yesterday a dog crate came in with three tiny goats. lol It’s fun tiny town living near a rural community! :)

8. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Premium Member

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    Glad he is home and recuperating!!!

ghggp likes this.