Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Coopers vacation!

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by Wendy C, Jun 30, 2022.

1. Wendy C

Wendy C Forums Enthusiast

May 30, 2019
    Good Morning and Happy almost Canada Day! In August we are going on a 19 day vacation and Coop is going to his favorite place away from home the Kennel. He loves it there, no issue as he has been going there for doggy daycare almost weekly for 1 day the past 2 years. My question is that normally they don’t groom. Would it be wrong to ask them maybe to give him a brush Mid-stay and the end of his visit? Second part do we suggest a payment or if they are willing to do it let them give a price? Thanks all!! Have a great day! :)

Darren, RikyR, Ron Atkinson and 2 others like this.
  2. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Premium Member

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    Ask - they can only say no!

3. SheepOfBlue

SheepOfBlue Premium Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Be sure to stress BRUSH no trimming

4. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Agree 100%

Darren, Ron Atkinson, Sharon7 and 2 others like this.
  5. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    I think they would offer that service for a small additional fee.

Darren, RikyR, Ron Atkinson and 3 others like this.
  6. Darren

Darren Forums Enthusiast

Nov 1, 2019
    I hope you have a great trip! I can't see it being a problem for the kennel to arrange a brush, probably charge a small fee but worth it overall.

7. Wendy C

Wendy C Forums Enthusiast

May 30, 2019
    Thanks all, we are heading to Alaska on a cruise….love it up there, where else would Canadians go in Summer other than a somewhat cool and rainy place! LOL. Normally his fur could go quite awhile without a brush, but the Kennel is out in the country. They have three sheep named after the Golden Girls and a couple of Chicken that Coop finds interesting.

Yes all she can say is no and we may have our work cut out for us when we get back. Hope everyone has a great 4th of July!!:) Cooper has finally figured out fireworks aren’t all that bad. lol

ghggp, Sharon7, Darren and 4 others like this.
  8. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    Enjoy your vacation Wendy! It sounds like Cooper’s ‘vacation’ will be equally exciting…do they get to herd the sheep at all? I’m sure they’ll do some grooming on him, probably not the first time that question has been asked!

9. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Have a wonderful time!!

10. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    I'm sure you'll have a wonderful trip - it's on my list to do someday. I hope your kennel will consent to brushing him. At least it sounds like he'll be entertained with the other animals about.

ghggp, Piper's mom and Ron Atkinson like this.