Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Could Seven Be More Trouble Than Five?

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by Chris, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    Yes, we will be increasing the number of Shelties (and Papillion) at Nattering Springs. A friend of ours is fighting a serious cancer diagnosis. His treatment requires a two-month hospital stay, and his wife is going to temporarily move to where he'll be undergoing treatment. We have plenty of room, so their two Sheltie furkids are coming to stay for the duration.

I'm sure after the first few days of positioning and confusion, they pack will settle into a cohesive whole. Rest assured, we will be checking to see that the Dyson is in top working order!!! :fl

(Note: No, we are not "angels." Please hold your applause. :lol:)

2. Caro

Caro Moderator

Jan 14, 2009
    Canberra, Australia
  3. SheepOfBlue

SheepOfBlue Premium Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Huntsville,Al
    So who is the tyrant of the house? Anyone is welcome here as long as they realize Spitfire is king (just ask him LOL)

Chris likes this.
  4. Cara Sandler

Cara Sandler Forums Enthusiast

Jul 11, 2015
    Florida
    We expect to see lots and lots of pictures!!!!

Chris likes this.
  5. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    You bet we will!

Thank you for opening your heart and home to Shelties in need! That is so kind of you and especially under such circumstances as a cancer diagnosis! One less thing the owners need to worry about! Bless you!

Chris likes this.
  6. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Western Connecticut
    You won't even notice, Chris. We sometimes count heads and get one dog more than once which makes 7 :lol::lol::lol:.
    Seriously, you are good people for helping your friends out. Prayers that the treatment for your friend is successful. And yes, pictures please of the group!

Chris likes this.
  7. MissyGallant

MissyGallant Forums Enthusiast

Dec 20, 2011
    Sheridan, Indiana
    We already have five. We dogsit OFTEN for a couple that have two shelties. It honestly really isn't much more trouble at all. In fact, said couple bought a new van so that they CAN travel with the dogs when they leave town now, and I really miss their dogs. I keep begging them to let me watch them. But then I backed off because I was afraid they might start to think I'm creepy and weird. (Please, please please let me have your dogs for a week.)

Chris and Sharon7 like this.
  8. Caro

Caro Moderator

Jan 14, 2009
    Canberra, Australia
    I wish you lived near me. I reckon my two would have loved staying with you and your pack when I had to move away for treatment. It would be like having a really fun ball-pit, just imagine jumping in the middle of 7 fluffy Shelties.

My treatment was meant to be 2 months but turned into 9 months, so you might have visitors for a little lonegr than you expect.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
    Chris likes this.
  9. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    that is great for your friends that you will be able to take care of the shelties while they focus on treatment:yes:

Chris likes this.
  10. Sharon7

Sharon7 Premium Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Southern California
    Well, I came up with the term "a swirl of Shelties" (like a flock of hens) because that's what they do, swirl around your feet en mass! After a pack of 3 I'm not sure it could be any worse!! I'm sure your friends are so relieved to know their dogs are in good hands. I'm very interested to hear how the integration goes. Our friends who rescue Collies lost a couple 6 months ago, and just this month added a new pair, bringing them back up to 8. They said the integration took all of about 15 minutes - the new pair was extra sweet and just took it all in stride.

Poop patrol might take a while, though! :lol:

Chris and Caro like this.