Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Cranberry Beginner Novice

Discussion in 'Obedience' started by Calliesmom, Aug 10, 2014.

1. SheepOfBlue

SheepOfBlue Premium Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Shelties should get extra points for barking :hugs

Calliesmom likes this.
  2. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    yes- that would put us in first place easily:yes:
    actually it was only one point between first and second so we would have taken the blue if we got extra barking points:winkgrin:

3. EJHUNTL

EJHUNTL Forums Enthusiast

Aug 11, 2013
    Ontario, Grand Bend
    Great work, that shows a lot of confidence & trust from Cranberry. To me that is worth so much more than the title ( but that ribbon sure is pretty :yes:).

Reminds me that I really need to get out there and do some more serious work with Hanna, she is now starting to get fairly reliable on her recall. I was impressed with her the other day - we had a couple on a huge motorcycle pull into our cup-de-sac and she was off leash. She stayed sitting right beside me until they had fully stopped and then I let her go over to say hello. Helped that she was focused on the liver treats in my pockets, but still new people are a big distraction for her. Yesterday she was visiting with Mark next door, while we were doing yard work, I called her and she took off running like a shot - towards the road, holycrap! Until I realized she just did not want to climb the rocks back up to me. She just did a big turn around the tree just before the road and came barreling at me up the driveway. It wasn't the shortest recall but she ran all the way back, no stopping - big treats! Bonus is that she looks so darned pretty running, fur flying and clearly having fun.

Calliesmom likes this.
  4. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    here's Cranberry's ribbon pic from yesterday

5. 2GoodDogs

2GoodDogs Forums Enthusiast

Jun 17, 2010
    atlanta
    Awww, that's a proud Cranberry! Congratulations!!!! Great job, gorgeous dog!

Calliesmom likes this.
  6. bkzoo

bkzoo Forums Enthusiast

Feb 25, 2014
    Wisconsin
    great picture! (and what a clever way to display the ribbons - I always laid Trace's on the floor in front of him and it never looked very good)

Calliesmom likes this.
  7. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    I was putting them on the floor too- unless we got rosettes, then I'd just hook those to the collars.
    then one time, we had several ribbons and a rosette. I was using the tablet but not the cover and thought the ribbons would display better that way.

8. ellenspn

ellenspn Forums Enthusiast

Jul 6, 2014
    Swamps of NE Illinois
    What an excellent idea for placing ribbons. Congrats!!!

Calliesmom likes this.
  9. fuzbuttsheltie

fuzbuttsheltie Forums Enthusiast

Aug 4, 2011
    Maryland
    Congrats Cranberry and Denise!

Lovely picture of Cranberry and his ribbon display is a neat idea.

Hope you are truly enjoying your journey with him!

Dani
    OTCh Staymat Magnificent Journey UDX, OM2
    Armitage Dazzling Spun Gold CDX, RAE
    Double Dare Derrick CD, RAE
    Blackmyst Poker Face CDX, RAE

Calliesmom likes this.
  10. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    thank you- everyone can feel free to copy the ribbon display- you can put the dog on a step and the stand in front and it will be just like a show picture:winkgrin:

we are having a good time- I almost broke him on Saturday though.
    since we'd been there for a while, I decided to take him out to potty again. several steps after reaching the designated grassy area by the back fence, he started limping. he'd stepped on a sand spur and anyone who lives in the coastal south knows how painful those can be. I did get it out and he seemed fine- he even went potty so we could go back inside then.
    but I worried that he would limp in the ring but he really was fine 4+ hours later.
    we have a little break and then we'll be doing rally in October......