Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Cuddle quotient

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by GlennR, Jan 14, 2020.

1. GlennR

GlennR Premium Member

Jan 11, 2019
    Ontario, Canada
    Willow likes some cuddle time every day. It will start off with her hopping on the bed each morning to give me a cuddle before she heads downstairs to go out. After that, between activities, Willow will normally have a snooze lying beside me on the couch. If I'm busy she'll sleep in her bed or in "my" spot on the couch. However, once the evening walk is done, she likes to be close, lying between and on my legs while I am in the recliner section of the couch. That's my favorite time.

Tonight's shots:
    https://photos.smugmug.com/Animals/...20145264--6495955459749003864-IMG_2430-X3.jpg

https://photos.smugmug.com/Animals/...20145264--7549320492704331251-IMG_2431-X3.jpg

Margi, TheDailyPainter, Hanne and 3 others like this.
  2. Darren

Darren Premium Member

Nov 1, 2019
    Aw she's just so content getting cuddles with her dad. It helps her recharge her batteries so she can have more playtime :wink2:

GlennR likes this.
  3. Sharon7

Sharon7 Premium Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Southern California
    That would certainly be my favorite time, too! My only boy, Elijah, is the biggest cuddle bug. He comes and makes eyes at me if I'm in the recliner reading, so then I have to have him jump up on my lap and he settles right in. The only problem is, once I'm covered with a warm, fuzzy cute dog, it's hard to read.... ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. :winkgrin:

4. Margi

Margi Forums Enthusiast

Nov 2, 2012
    Corona, AZ
    How I envy you! Koko will snuggle up next to me when I sit on the floor but never in the chair or couch. Fil never sits in my lap voluntarily. Benson will trebuchet himself repeatedly into the recliner but that's to slather my face with kisses and get me up and moving! He never sits down with me either.
    My husband wonders why I don't kick Fil off the bed when he is lying at the foot on my side. It's because its the only time he voluntarily snuggles up, sometimes laying his head on my legs. Worth it to me :)

5. mimiretz

mimiretz Premium Member

Oct 14, 2014
    denver
    Oberon is a real cuddle pup. He likes to curl up between hubby and I in the evening, at bedtime, in the morning -- and sometimes even in the afternoon. If Dad's at work he'll curl up in Dad's spot so he can cuddle with me.

Darren, Sharon7, Margi and 2 others like this.
  6. Hanne

Hanne Premium Member

Nov 13, 2014
    Danmark
    I really understand you so well :yes::yes:

Darren, Margi and GlennR like this.
  7. Wendy C

Wendy C Premium Member

May 30, 2019
    Paris, Ontario CANADA
    Cooper is not a cuddly dog at all. If I say “do you want a belly rub?” He backs his butt between my knees or the obligatory ear scratches! Life is all about him, we just rotate in his world! lol

Darren, Hanne, Margi and 3 others like this.
  8. Darren

Darren Premium Member

Nov 1, 2019
    Monty is on the go ALL DAY so I get no cuddles at all. At night though when his batteries are low he has to be on the bed and cuddled in ALL NIGHT. If I put him out he barks and cries, if I put him on the floor he sits an scratches at the bed until he can come up, if I move him down the bottom of the bed he slowly crawls up again everytime. I found it really uncomfortable to begin with but I'm used to it now and it's the only way he will let me sleep, it's just like having an extra thermal blanket lol.

Ann, GlennR, Hanne and 1 other person like this.
  9. Hanne

Hanne Premium Member

Nov 13, 2014
    Danmark
    :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I can not help but love little Monty :lol:

Darren, Ann and GlennR like this.