If you take your dogs for walks in public places, this cautionary tale is for you. With marijuana legal now in so many places and in tempting edible form, we all have to beware. This happened to a friend of mine. On Thursday we took our dogs for a walk. We were on our normal route and Bella who normally doesn’t eat anything, ate something off the ground. We didn’t know what it was. We asked her to spit it out. She swallowed it. By the time we got home, she was salivating. Within 30mins she was foaming at the mouth. My daughter took her to the vet. On the way her face started to spasm. She got her into the vet and they took her right in. Her blood work showed she had cocaine, marijuana and other substances in her system. Her mouth and throat have chemical burns. She dislocated her jaw with the spasming. They feel the chemical burns are from bleach. Bleach is what they use to cut the drugs. Bella is in a muzzle for her jaw for 2 weeks hoping that heals it. If not she may need surgery. She is on meds for her mouth and jaw. Just be vigilant when walking your dog. Make sure they don’t eat anything. The vet stated they have had several dogs die due to ingesting drugs in recent weeks.