Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Devon's last day as a puppy

Discussion in 'Puppies 101' started by SRW, Jun 10, 2019.

1. SRW

SRW Premium Member

Jul 17, 2018
    Today is Devon's last day as a puppy. Tomorrow he will be a year old. It's amazing how fast the past 10 months since I got him have gone by. I also want to thank everyone here who helped me with his ears, as they turned out perfectly, especially considering how he started with hound ears.

Here's a link to a series of photos of Devon's transformation from little puppy to full grown Sheltie. During his middle stages I was a bit worried about how he'd turn out, as for a while he looked really scruffy with patchwork curly hair, big ears, and cowlicks everywhere; but in the last couple of months all of a sudden he started looking like a real Sheltie. You will have to view this by going backwards (previous) as I apparently uploaded the photos in the wrong order.

https://sheltieforums.com/media/img_0653.7046/#media

corbinam, KarenCurtis, Ann and 6 others like this.
  2. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Outstanding!
    Wow, what a transformation!

Love the shot with the playing cards! The end shot looks like Devon is saying... “of course my ears are perfect.”

Proud of both of you! You, for your persistence and Devon for his cooperation. I know only too well the trials of those sheltie ears!!!!

3. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Premium Member

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    That is quite the cool set of pics! Love how gangly he was looking at one stage and yet transformed into the perfect sheltie.

Happy birthday Devon!

SRW, Calliesmom and Piper's mom like this.
  4. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Forums Enthusiast

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    Wow...one year old already! Devon looks fantastic, ears look great!
    Although Devon will be a year old, they're still not fully mature until 3, feel free to call him your puppy until then.

SRW and Calliesmom like this.
  5. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    adorable:yes:
    and Destin says that he is still the puppy and he'll be 6 next month..........................

SRW likes this.
  6. Caro

Caro Moderator

Jan 14, 2009
    Canberra, Australia
    Yea, those boys can take forever to grow up. Mr D never did!

Can I make a suggestion? I did up a one page biography on my dogs' birthday. It had things like, About the birthday boy/girl, likes, dislikes, hobbies, fave food, the year that was/highlights. Plus a few photos from the year. It's a fun thing to look back on as they grow older or when they are gone and has some lovely memories. It's funny too how their likes and dislikes change as they get older. Which reminds me I need to do one for Tully from a fortnight ago, and I guess I should still do one last one for Mr D even tho he didn't make it to his bday. I missed a couple of years when I was sick and I regret that.

7. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    Congratulations, Devon, on your Sheltie adulthood! I especially like the picture of you watching the turkey roast. :pop

8. Wendy C

Wendy C Forums Regular

May 30, 2019
    Paris, Ontario CANADA

What a handsome fellow!! Happy Birthday Devon from Cooper (aka Pooper from my Granddaughter)

9. KarenCurtis

KarenCurtis Premium Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Massachusetts
    He looks so handsome!!

Calliesmom and SRW like this.
  10. SRW

SRW Premium Member

Jul 17, 2018

Someone put him up on the table and of course he immediately put the first thing he found into his mouth. That was a clue that he was going to be a completely mouth-centric Sheltie. He's chewed up and eaten more stuff that he shouldn't in the 10 months I've had him than my previous Sheltie Baron did in his whole life. Also, to date I've found not a single food item that he won't eat, although I have to say that I haven't tried some of the stuff I won't buy or eat like brussel sprouts or lima beans, but I'll bet he'd eat them too. One time I spilled some shrimp cocktail sauce that had a pretty good kick to it on the floor, and while I was getting the paper towels he ran into the kitchen and licked it up.

Sharon7, Calliesmom and Sandy in CT like this.