Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Do You Talk to Your Dog?

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by labgirl, Apr 8, 2009.

1. labgirl

labgirl Forums Sage

Feb 22, 2009
    Suffolk, UK
    I confess I do, even in public and I am not ashamed (though possibly mad :lol:)

Like today we went passed some workmen digging up the verge. As we go by I start nattering to Cadbury,
    "That's a big hole, Cadbury, I bet you'd like to get in there and start digging. I don't think they would appreciate it though..." and so on.

So come on, do you talk to your dogs, even when other people can hear? And what do you say to them?

2. BarbV

BarbV Forums Celebrity

I'm always talking to the boys.

So much so, that my human boy (age 17) wonders if I'm talking to him too!

"OK, boys, I'm leaving now! So be good, ok?" :biggrin2:

3. Ania

Ania Forums Enthusiast

Oct 28, 2008
    Canada
    I'm guilty :eek: too. I can't help it. I think of them as my babies, so it's just natural to talk to them. Plus I live alone, so who else do I talk to? And yes, I do it in public too, especially if someone passes my babies and does not say hello to them and they are all confused, so I explain to them that not everyone is friendly and wants to stop and say hello and play with them. I tell them not to worry and that they are good puppies and mommy loves them :smile2:.

Selena Wohlslagel likes this.
  4. crazy's mom

crazy's mom Forums Regular

Oct 9, 2008
    NEW JERSEY
    I talk to Crazy all the time, he will look at me and know everything I tell him but does he listen???? sometimes:lol: At least he hasn't told any one my secrets yet

5. OntarioSheltie

OntarioSheltie Forums Celebrity

Apr 29, 2008
    Ontario, Canada
    All the time. I've gotten some pretty strange looks but I don't care :smile2:

6. Jan244

Jan244 Forums Enthusiast

Aug 10, 2008
    Massachusetts
    I constantly talk to Spencer everywhere including in public. But then I also talk to my cats. And to the birds who are at the feeders. And to the television. Ooops. Maybe I am going over the edge.:rolleyes2::eek2:

7. mcguiregirl2248

mcguiregirl2248 Forums Enthusiast

Mar 12, 2008
    Britton, MI
    I talk to my girls all the time and so does my husband. I think he is a little better about it now then he used to be because he sees that they are actually listening. He laughed at me one time because I had a whole conversation with Marlie about her little doggie friends on myspace and she sat there and looked at me and tilted her head for the entire conversation. He looked at me and said "she was actually listening to you!". Duh?! That's why I like my girls!!! :yes:

8. labgirl

labgirl Forums Sage

Feb 22, 2009
    Suffolk, UK
    Glad to know I'm not alone (and mad :lol:). And I do exactly the same thing Ania, if a person goes by and ignores him, or a dog goes by and growls or something I tell him its them not him :wink2:

9. Starr

Starr Forums Enthusiast

Jan 7, 2009
    GA
    Who doesn't talk to their pets? I talk to the cats, the chins, and now the puppy. We aren't crazy, we just love them and treat them like family.

10. pattymaine

pattymaine Forums Enthusiast

Dec 20, 2008
    Maine
    Yes I do. All the time. :wink2: