Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Does your Sheltie have a favorite toy?

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by GlennR, Jun 17, 2019.

1. GlennR

GlennR Premium Member

Jan 11, 2019
    Ontario, Canada
    Willow clearly has a favorite toy. It's a puppy with a soft coat that was sold for five dollars at the local PetSmart with half the money going to pet charities. We picked it out for her figuring it was just another toy.

It seems to me that Willow treats it more like another puppy. At times cuddling it, then using it as a chew toy, a preferred fetch object and a rough and tumble playmate where she shakes it like a terrier with a rat.

She often seeks it out to sleep with, even dragging it over to my feet and then settling down with "her" puppy on dad's feet. That one always tugs the heartstrings a little. Here she is this morning waiting for mom and dad to be finished their breakfast and come away from the table to play. She's awesome about the table, just waiting until we're finished and never begging at the table or bothering anyone seated there unless they have bare feet and then she wants to lick them. Hey, nobody's perfect. :).

https://photos.smugmug.com/Animals/Willow/i-HQr7QmQ/1/e3381499/XL/2019061708094302-IMG_1724-XL.jpg

2. MissyGallant

MissyGallant Forums Enthusiast

Dec 20, 2011
    Sheridan, Indiana
    Penguin, Monkey and Sheltie are Tara's.

Cooper it's any ball.

Rocket's favorite toy seems to be Cassie.

Playing with toys is beneath Clarabelle.

Cassie loves all toys.

3. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Western Connecticut
    I love the picture of Willow with her special toy, Glenn. How funny that it's so big! It must be a treat to see her hauling it around. No wonder she thinks it's another puppy, LOL.

All of ours have had one favorite toy as puppies. Most have outgrown it as adults though, except for Flurry. She arrived from her breeders in Canada with a toy in her crate that to this day she will dig out from the very bottom of the toy bin no matter how deep I bury it. Unfortunately, it's the most annoying toy known to man. It's a soft stuffed toy that has a plastic water bottle in it that's filled with beans or something that would wake the dead when she rattles it. Which she does, nonstop. Usually early in the morning, running around shaking it from side to side. I don't have the heart to take it away from her...I wonder if it reminds her of her early life, since she came to us at 5 months old. I've sewn the ears back on several times!

Toy.JPG

Piper's mom, Sharon7, RikyR and 3 others like this.
  4. Margi

Margi Forums Enthusiast

Nov 2, 2012
    Corona, AZ
  5. Sharon7

Sharon7 Premium Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Southern California
    I would say, it's a toss up for Eli between the rooster (whose voice box is now dying which REALLY sounds awful) and the monkey who hoots/screams very loudly. He was like a kid in a candy store when he first came, we have a plastic bin full of toys that most of our dogs have ignored, LOL. He will play fetch with what ever toy you throw down the hall. He and Faith will play tug sometimes with a skineez fox toy that is battered.

We have friends who don't have a dog but have delighted in buying obnoxious talking toys for our dogs - hence the crowing rooster, screaming monkey, squealing pig and baaaing lamb. :rolleyes2: :lol:

Piper's mom and GlennR like this.
  6. MissyGallant

MissyGallant Forums Enthusiast

Dec 20, 2011
    Sheridan, Indiana
    Are you sure they are friends? Did you buy their kids an annoying drum set or something? ;)

7. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Forums Sage

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    That MUST be Fillions favourite toy...he's just about destroyed it:ROFLMAO:!

Piper's favourite toy is whichever one Finnie has in his mouth and Finnie's fave is his huge squeaky rooster. He's had it for about a year now. It used to be bigger than him (20" long) and he'd drag it around squeaking it and howling. Now he still carries it making a racket with it ( if Riley sees Finnie with it he'll get up and chase him...he hates it lol) and shaking it! Silly puppies!

Sharon7, Calliesmom and Margi like this.