Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Dog Stroller bit the dust

Discussion in 'Senior Sheltie Health' started by Cindy, Jul 14, 2020.

1. Cindy

Cindy Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    San Francisco Bay Area, CA
    So halfway through our walk, the stroller lost a wheel!
    So for the rest of the walk, every 10-50 feet the wheel loosened until it fell off and I had to kick the wheel back on.
    It seems that something broke where the axle attatched to the wheel.

So I need to find a new one....don't know if I will get another crate on wheels or try a bike trailer this time.

what do we think of this? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0752MMF1V/ref=emc_b_5_t?th=1
    it is smaller than what we currently have, which is totally fine.
    and a returned one with damaged packaging is $130

Last edited: Jul 14, 2020
    Piper's mom likes this.
  2. Caro

Caro Moderator

Jan 14, 2009
    Canberra, Australia
    Wow, that really surprises me. I walk on rough terrain and I've never had a stroller fall apart. Although I have to say the original one (the Deskart) with the plastic wheels had to be retired.

All my other ones after the Deskart had air tyres - they are much longer lasting.

Piper's mom likes this.
  3. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    I bought the same kind... here is my review...
    https://www.amazon.com/review/R27D1ICF2NWP1/ref=pe_1098610_137716200_cm_rv_eml_rv0_rv

Piper's mom and Sandy in CT like this.
  4. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    Is there a bicycle repair place near you Cindy? I'm surprised at how much the cost of these have jumped in the past year, when I bought the one for Riley a year ago I paid 169 (with a 10$ off coupon) and this year the same one is $279! https://www.amazon.com/Janhiny-Bicy...rds=Aosom+pet+stroller&qid=1594816819&sr=8-11
    This is the one I've got and I love it, big enough now for both my dogs and I bought this organizer
    https://www.amazon.ca/Organizer-Multifunctional-Waterproof-Hioerzy-Detachable/dp/B07YG279RN/ref=sxts_sxwds-bia-wc-drs1_0?crid=264TRQ9OZBI9K&cv_ct_cx=stroller+organizer&dchild=1&keywords=stroller+organizer&pd_rd_i=B07YG279RN&pd_rd_r=75f6d0ab-2311-4f21-9fde-95da3a323ced&pd_rd_w=pgia4&pd_rd_wg=vHS9m&pf_rd_p=49bb9028-f1bf-4210-b2d8-c84f98c4302e&pf_rd_r=3CJZ1NEGF9NRWPMJSW0T&psc=1&qid=1594817034&sprefix=Stroller+org,aps,193&sr=1-1-f7123c3d-6c2e-4dbe-9d7a-6185fb77bc58
    It's fantastic (my stroller has 2 pockets but I needed a cup holder) and the manufacturer gave me $10 back after I posted a review.

ghggp, Sandy in CT and Caro like this.
  5. Cindy

Cindy Premium Member

May 19, 2008

This is pretty much the one I had. and Gavin loved how big it was. One of the rear tires came off. the wheels are plastic, and while I am sure someone handy could fix it by getting a newaxle and 2 new rear wheels, that person is not me. But ones like this are 180-220 on amazon, and if I spend that much Id like something that lasts more than 18 months although Gavin might not (he is 14 and a half so I am also thinking about how much use I will get out of it). The bike ones arent as user friendly for getting the dog in and out. And getting air tires seems to add about $100....

ghggp and Piper's mom like this.
  6. Cindy

Cindy Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Also, the one I ordered is easy to fold down for the car. The one I had was bigger and not very easy to fold down. we shall see...I am worried it might be too small as they don't seem to have a sioze in betwwen huge for a Lab and small for a cocker spaniel

7. Caro

Caro Moderator

Jan 14, 2009
    Canberra, Australia
    I had exactly the same problem for Deska. The first stroller I brought was twice his weight and was too heavy for in and out of the car. The next one I got (a Dutch Dog mini stroller) he had to hang his head out, but he quite liked that as he liked to stand and bark at the world. Then I got another one from China - which has held together really well - and I keep that one at the front door, but Tully has to be lifted in and out.

8. Cindy

Cindy Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    We will see Friday! I think Gavin will miss all the extra space of the huge one we have :)
    I did get 18 months out of the chinese knockoff (dodo pet as a brand?) so it was less than $10/month which was well worth it.
    I might try and 'fix' it, and give it away. I will never trust it regardless.

ghggp, Caro and Piper's mom like this.
  9. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Premium Member

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    Do you have a small auto repair place near - no Meineke style but either a mechanic or a mechanic/shop combo. I'd lay odds a creative mechanic could finagle a fix for you better than the original. My second place to try would be a welder who could also do something better than what you had. Bring Gavin with - you'll get a good deal on your fix... :) Keep us posted!

10. Cindy

Cindy Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    If the smaller one doesn't work, I might get creative. But the smaller one has advantages; I really want that one to work.
    I knew the stroller wouldn't last forever, and it has gottem a lot of use. the wheels are very worn. the cheap chinese off brand is a big clue...It came partly assembled but it was done incorrectly (some of it was backwards).