Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Doggy port window

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by Piper's mom, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Has anyone installed a window on their fence for the dogs? I ordered this port window
    https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07C74PQ4T/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'm finding that Piper gets so mad when someone walks by...he used to be able to see through slats in the fence but I closed them all in so now he can't see anything. He jumps at the gate even, he's so mad lol!

I don't think it'll be very hard (short of having to cut some wood) but I may have to get my sister to help me lol...she has all the power tools! Piper and Finnie will be very happy to watch everyone go by again!

Hanne, Darren, Ann and 3 others like this.
  2. Cindy

Cindy Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    San Francisco Bay Area, CA
    back when Gavin could walk far, we would pass by a house near the beach with 3 of these, at different heights with 3 names for I assume the 3 family dogs. I don't remember seeing the dogs much, but we did hear them :)

3. Wendy C

Wendy C Premium Member

May 30, 2019
    Darren, Ann, RikyR and 5 others like this.
  4. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Should be easy to install! Yep, you will need power tools! And a towel to clean off the nose prints!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Hanne, Darren, RikyR and 4 others like this.
  5. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    My guys would love that much openness!

They won't be able to see quite as much as Cooper but I'm pretty sure it's going to make a big difference in Piper's behaviour.
    It's supposed to arrive Monday, not sure yet where I'll put it but probably on the fence I closed up lol.
    The things we won't do for our dogs!:lol:

6. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    If this one works out good I may order another one. They love looking under the back gate so maybe one at the front and another at the back yard...they'd get their exercise running back and forth lol!

7. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Premium Member

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    Very cute idea! Can't wait to see! It's gives the dog's a view, but keeps them safe from prying hands and poking fingers - love it!!!

Darren and Piper's mom like this.
  8. Cindy

Cindy Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    San Francisco Bay Area, CA
    Back when I had an apartment, Gavin loved my balcomny even though it only overlooked the parking lot.
    He would sit on his chair and watch everything. almost never barked, just wanted to watch.

Darren and Piper's mom like this.
  9. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    That's what I'm hoping to achieve...a happy dog that just wants to watch. My sister says I'm creating a monster, I told her I've done that already lol!