Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Durable Bones

Discussion in 'Treats & Supplements' started by corbinam, Mar 23, 2015.

1. corbinam

corbinam Moderator

Oct 14, 2008
    Any suggestions for durable bones? Enzo is a serious chewer and goes through the bones we've used for the other two WAY too quickly. We've been giving them all bully sticks and himalayan chews, but Enzo isn't chewing them--he's eating them! That's more rich food than I'd like him to have that quickly.

Does anyone have suggestions for something that will slow him down, but isn't a risk for his teeth? I've seen those big knuckle-type bones, but just wanted to know if they are bad for his teeth or not.

Thanks!

2. Silaria

Silaria Forums Sage

Sep 19, 2008
    Aspinwall, PA
    I've been buying Edan and CJ buffalo shin bones. They are made in the USA and last a very long time. I usually replace them every 6 months for sanitary reasons.

What surprised me is they seem large compared to my Shelties but Edan carries one around with no issue when he wants to. He's actually jumped on the sofa with one in his mouth. (It promptly went back on the floor because I don't want the bone on my couch.)

3. Emmasmom

Emmasmom Forums Sage

Apr 2, 2010
    Canada