Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Elbow problem

Discussion in 'Diseases & Illnesses' started by Mom2Melli, Nov 17, 2015.

1. Mom2Melli

Mom2Melli Forums Enthusiast

Oct 2, 2013
    Central California
    Well, Melli will be visiting the vet on Friday. I have had her about 2-1/2 years and she came with an elbow callus. A couple months ago I caught her licking and it bled. I gave her antibiotics in case of infection and have tried thing after thing to settle it back down. She wears her rain coat so she can't get to it. It just hasn't gotten better. It appears puffy instead of flat and kind of lumpy. I am putting a little vitamin E on to moisturize until we can get to the vet in a couple days. While it could be a callus gone bad, I am mentally preparing for tumor and excision. Poor Melli girl.

Anyone ever dealt with callus or callus turned tumor?

2. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    sorry- no experience with that.
    hope it's nothing serious:fl

3. RikyR

RikyR Premium Member

Nov 27, 2013
    Baton Rouge LA
    I have a callus on my elbow that gives me fits every so often. It itches really bad. Put foot lotion on it and it settles down after a few days. Never considered that it could get cancerous. I know that if I scratched it like I wanted to, it would be a mess. Hopefully, that is all that is going on with Melli.

4. Judyg

Judyg Forums Enthusiast

Oct 20, 2013
    Riverside, Ca.
    Oh, poor Melli. I hope you are worried for nothing. Hugs.