Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Empty nesters...

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by Sandy in CT, Aug 23, 2019.

1. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Premium Member

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    Dropped my youngest at college today, cried all the way home. First of the 3 to stay local; desperately missing my sweet baby (not so much anymore) boy. Unfortunate circumstances led him to grow up early - he really is such a great young man.

This young man will now suck up ALL my attention since I am not sure what I will do with myself now....

2. GlennR

GlennR Premium Member

Jan 11, 2019
    Ontario, Canada
    I have my youngest son at home. He graduated in the Spring, took some continuing education and is now looking for his first career job. When he goes the house is going to feel pretty empty. At the very least I'll be taking over the last walk of the day that Willow takes with my son.

Calliesmom likes this.
  3. Caro

Caro Moderator

Jan 14, 2009
    Canberra, Australia
    From someone who has no nest - you join a dog club and do flyball, or agility, or get Brodie certified as a Delta therapy dog and do visits at your local hospital!

Calliesmom, KarenCurtis and Sharon7 like this.
  4. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    More room for Shelties!!! Turn his room into a Sheltie Spa!!

Hanne, Calliesmom, Wendy C and 2 others like this.
  5. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Western Connecticut
    I remember crying buckets when we dropped my son off at college too. You can't imagine how you'll fill the house and time but trust me, you do. Then they come home for vacations and want to stay out with their friends until the wee hours, keeping you up waiting for them and you're glad when they go back to school!

We had three Shelties when our kids left for college....now we have six! Hmmmm.....:wink2:

Hanne, Calliesmom, Wendy C and 3 others like this.