Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Empty

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by GlennR, Mar 26, 2020.

1. GlennR

GlennR Premium Member

Jan 11, 2019
    Ontario, Canada
    On our morning walk, we didn't meet anyone. I live in a city of 600,000 with a density of over 2,000 people per square kilometer. No one.

The paths were clear, the city park trails devoid of life, other than Willow bouncing along beside me. I stopped and did a 360-degree video of what we saw. It's a bit like living in a post-apocalyptic movie, fortunately minus the zombies.

https://photos.smugmug.com/Animals/...09342675-530664766888912038-IMG_2604-1280.mp4

2. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    Kinda creepy but I'm glad people are practicing physical distancing.
    I've been seeing a few people walking their dogs (fairly busy public sidewalk on my street).
    Yesterday there were 2 teenage girls walking a dog and the dog stopped to have a poop on the boulevard. I could see how they were pulling the leash that they didn't plan on picking it up. I ran and got a bag and opened my front door as they started to walk away and said 'excuse me, did you want a plastic bag since your dog had a poop'? They said 'uh ya, I guess':ROFLMAO:. Come on...people are home lol to see you!

Hanne, Sharon7, Darren and 2 others like this.
  3. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    In our conclave of 26 homes -- all on 3+ acres -- I see folks walking dogs and exercising. Our place is big, so we have plenty of room to roam. Spring is arriving with daffodils and blossoms and green, green clover. My heart is lifting in spite of the virus.

Hanne, Sharon7, Darren and 3 others like this.
  4. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    Spring is lifting my spirits too Chris...today I start my seeds! The highs for Saturday and Sunday is +10 here...woohoo!!! Hasn't been that warm since last October!

Sharon7, Darren and GlennR like this.
  5. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Premium Member

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    Creepy!!!! I'm actually seeing people walking our neighborhood that I had no idea had the ability to.... 22 years and I might have only seen them behind the wheel of a car!

I started my tomatoes, peppers and broccoli weeks ago - some are currently maybe 5 inches tall and are close to being potted up. I am excited because I bought plants for my mailbox bed last year, saved seeds and am growing things from them. I have harvested vegetable seeds before, but not flowers. Wasn't quite sure what was seed so I just planted the trays with a bunch of 'stuff' I dried in envelopes and some is coming up! Excited!!! Still not sure what was seed but who cares - I have plants! I hope they flower!

I will start my beans, squash and cucumbers inside this weekend. I will probably start working my vegie garden beds next week if the weather cooperates and plant lettuce in ground. I hope to get my plants that I've started in ground May 01, but I do have covers and christmas lights just in case of cruddy weather.

Sharon7, Darren and Piper's mom like this.
  6. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    I wish I could get to work outside...unfortunately with snow still on the ground I have to satisfy myself with watching my seeds grow. And possibly cleaning a few land mines as the snow melts lol.

ghggp and Darren like this.
  7. Darren

Darren Premium Member

Nov 1, 2019
    LOL good catch, would have loved to see their faces when they got busted and had to pick it up!

The Gov is finally locking everything down here so we are getting the same views. The roads are empty when they are usually full and I had Monty out for 2hr walk today and only seen 1 other person. It's actually quite spooky seeing everything like this, Monty loves it though as he can now run all over undesturbed!

Hanne, Sharon7, ghggp and 1 other person like this.
  8. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Really!! You take you dog out and don’t pick up after it??

Piper's mom likes this.
  9. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Yep, that’s what I call them too! Land mines!!!:ROFLMAO:

Piper's mom likes this.
  10. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Took Liam out for a walk today and ran into 4 people walking their dogs, a family riding their bike, several couples walking too. Plenty of cars in driveways..

Piper's mom and Sharon7 like this.