Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Evening meetings

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by GlennR, Aug 21, 2019.

1. GlennR

GlennR Premium Member

Jan 11, 2019
    Ontario, Canada
    We were out for our after-dinner constitutional when we encountered two of Willow's puppy pals in the park. One, a lovely and friendly Cairne Terrier was off lead and tussling with a Sammy, they were rolling all over each other.

When the Cairne saw us she came running over. The handsome white Samoyed puppy was not going to be left out and he dragged his owner over to us too, all waggy tailed and smiling (the pup, not the owner :)) The three huddled up and sniffed each other and ran in small excited circles that didn't quite manage to tangle the two leashes, a minor miracle and deft leash handling performed by my wife.

The Cairne was pretty frantic, jumping up on the two bigger pups. In an effort to calm her down and get her back on lead her dad gave a sharp "Roxie, SIT" command and Willow immediately dropped onto her bottom and stared at him with a classic Sheltie where's my treat look. Roxie ignored him completely.

We all got a chuckle out of that.

2. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Forums Sage

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    :yuckyuck
    Good girl Willow!!! Daddy trained you well:biggrin2:!

Calliesmom likes this.
  3. Sharon7

Sharon7 Premium Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Southern California
    Well, when I was a vet tech, we called all terriers "terrors" and now you know why! They just do what they darn well please. Not saying I don't like them because I do, and Cairns are a particular favorite, but own one? Nah. I like my dog to listen to me! ;)

Love that Willow plopped her butt down when she heard "sit"!

Calliesmom likes this.
  4. jomuir

jomuir Premium Member

May 10, 2011
    detroit
    I love that Willow plopped down into a sit automatically, and the intended ignored the command. Shelties are so eager to please.

Calliesmom likes this.