Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Fasb passed on a month ago

Discussion in 'Sheltie Angels' started by Susan D, Jan 8, 2016.

1. Susan D

Susan D Forums Regular

Nov 14, 2015
    West Virginia
    As many of the members here already know, our Fasb passed away on December 1st. He was diagnosed with kidney disease in early June, but did very well through September. In early November, he started refusing food and ate mostly beef and chicken for the last month of his life. Right before Thanksgiving, he became creaky and lethargic. He passed away less than a week later.

We were prepared for the end and know it's for the best, but it's still been very hard on us. Much more difficult than we expected. We're feel his suffering was minimal, so we're grateful for that.

He was a wonderful dog. We couldn't have wished for a more loving, interactive companion. He gave us happy memories virtually every day of his life.

He had a long and happy life. He was born in 2001 and would have turned 14 at the end of December.

Rest peacefully, sweet boy. We will never forget you.

2. PatC

PatC Forums Enthusiast

Jul 27, 2012
    P
    Fasb was a lucky guy--I'm sure you made him very happy, too.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I have three seniors, so your story—as well as the others I've read here—really hit home for me. Once a Sheltie is part of your world, it's impossible to imagine the world without them.

3. Shelby's mom

Shelby's mom Forums Enthusiast

Jan 4, 2012
    pennsylvania
    I am very sorry for your loss.

4. Harbour

Harbour Forums Regular

Oct 10, 2011
    Waynesville
    I am so sorry for your loss. It is hard when we lose our fur kids even though we know it's coming. Give yourself grace.

5. CoatzaOwl

CoatzaOwl Forums Novice

Dec 31, 2015
    Houston, Texas
    I'm very sorry for your loss. Our lives become so happily intertwined with these wonderful creatures that their passing is really difficult - no matter the circumstances. I hope being on this site brings you some comfort and helps you recall the many happy times you and Fasb had together.

6. Sullivan

Sullivan Forums Enthusiast

May 29, 2013
    Florida
    I am so sorry for the loss of your sweet little furbaby, Fasb. It is never easy to have to say goodbye and release them to the Bridge. This is a very hard time for you right now and we all who have been there know exactly what you are experiencing. But know that your pain will ease with time, no not forgotten, just easier, then one day you will have a memory of your sweet boy and you will be able to smile. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers as you travel this difficult path. :sadsmile: :cry: :hugs

7. Will

Will Forums Enthusiast

Mar 16, 2010
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Having just lost my beautiful little sheltie girl in December, I think I have a good idea of just how much you miss your boy. How wonderful to have had 14 years with him. Blessings, Will

8. Lanie

Lanie Forums Enthusiast

Nov 9, 2013
    California
    I'm so sorry for your loss, Susan & Mark. Sending you and your family big hugs and healing. You and Fasb were so blessed to have known each other.

9. Hannah

Hannah Forums Enthusiast

Mar 19, 2014
    NSW, Australia
    I'm very sorry for your loss. My heart goes out to you.

10. tesslynn

tesslynn Forums Enthusiast

Mar 3, 2014
    idaho
    holes

It is a hole that never quite heals or closes in your heart. My 1st sheltie was my best sheltie ever, and I miss her still. When I got my 2nd one, she was very different and had the personality and temperament needed for that season of our lives. She was so loving and very patient, she taught me lots. When she passed I wasn't gonna get anymore. But friends had been hounding me to look into the possibility right before she departed. So reluctantly I was looking to the future as I was watching hers slip away. I understand what you have experienced. But I do wholeheartedly believe once you allow a sheltie into your world, you can't live to the fullest without having another one, it isn't the same by any means but there is something addictive about this breed. They touch you deeply and each one brings different gifts, joys, experiences into your lives. Kaleigh was born on Valentines Day just days really after I lost my 2nd one, she is my lil living valentine in every way. During puppyhood I seriously questioned why I got Savannah. She is/was a lil monster, she brings out the not so great aspects of Kaleigh's personality, :eek2: But now with both of them coming up on 2, I honestly can't imagine life without them. They are SO different than my former girls, but ALL sheltie.
    Fasb can NEVER be replaced, time does ease the hurt. But life w/o a sheltie, isn't as great as it can be. I believe all my dogs are waiting for me at the bridge and oh what a happy day that will be. But in the meantime, I hope another sheltie angel is in your near future!:hugs