Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Field dentistry, not recommended.

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by GlennR, Feb 11, 2019.

1. GlennR

GlennR Forums Enthusiast

Jan 11, 2019
    Ontario, Canada
    This afternoon Willow and I decided to go for a walk as the next couple of days won't provide any opportunity to do so. Of course, Miss Teething grabs every stick and twig in the wink of an eye to provide some teething relief. It gets so that Leave It and Give are probably thought to be our names around town as they are repeated so much on our walks.

She leaves things if told and drops things when asked for but as, at a rough count, there are forty bazillion sticks along the path, I don't manage to head off every attempt at stick grabbing. Today, just at the furthest point of our walk she chomped down on the ideal twig to fit between her back teeth. She managed to snap it off with her paws leaving a piece that I just couldn't see. Of course, trying to do the twig extraction while holding the leash, the upside down dog, my gloves with a wiggling puppy was just impossible.

We hurried on home, Willow stopping every twenty feet or so to try to paw it out. Once inside, with two free hands, I placed her on the couch on her back, a place she's not normally allowed. I managed to locate and extract the one-inch long twig that's jammed in tight in the back, upper quadrant of her mouth. I let Willow roll back over to her tummy and she shows no inclination to leave the couch. In fact, she looks very proud of herself for finding a way up.

KarenCurtis, Jams, Hannah and 5 others like this.
  2. Sharon7

Sharon7 Premium Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Southern California
    One of my pups once got a piece of bitten off rawhide stuck on the roof of her mouth - oh boy that was fun to try and remove. Now I take small pieces away immediately. I'm sure Willow was very satisfied to find herself on the couch!! ;)

3. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    it was all a devious plan to obtain a place on the couch:yes::winkgrin:

4. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Western Connecticut
    I'm always impressed with how frequently our Shelties manage to outsmart us. You go Willow! Claim that couch! :ROFLMAO:

KarenCurtis and Jams like this.