Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Finally!

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by mimiretz, Jan 22, 2023.

1. mimiretz

mimiretz Forums Enthusiast

Oct 14, 2014
    denver
    Ever since Oberon was about 2 years old I've been trying to convince Hubby that we should get a second Sheltie. Always his answer has been no, and I got to admit his reasoning has made sense. I kept working on him -- pointing out cute puppy pictures, talking about how it would also be good for Oberon, how Oberon will be 9 this year and we don't want him to be too elderly with a new puppy AND --

-- finally yesterday Hubby said we could get a new puppy this spring!!!!! Now I get to start actually contacting breeders and getting on email lists instead of just looking at new puppy pictures. Have to find something within driving distance -- so we're in Colorado, figure anywhere in this state is good but would also consider Nebraska, Kansas, Utah, maybe others.

Cindy, Chris, RikyR and 10 others like this.
  2. SheepOfBlue

SheepOfBlue Premium Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Oberon will be ecstatic about a puppy buddy

mimiretz, RikyR, Sandy in CT and 3 others like this.
  3. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Wonderful! You'll be amazed at how Oberon will have a second puppyhood with a youngster around. And of course we LOVE hearing about puppy antics around here! :biggrin2:

mimiretz, RikyR, Sandy in CT and 2 others like this.
  4. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    Fantastic news! Oberon is going to love having a little buddy!
    Hahaha I know whenever I start showing my mom puppy pictures she starts to get suspicious and she’ll say what’s special about THESE puppies :ROFLMAO:….and I’m like wellllll…….
    Glad your persistence finally paid off!

mimiretz, Ann, Sandy in CT and 2 others like this.
  5. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    YAY!! I was lucky, once we had two, getting the third one caused my hubby to say "Well, if it makes you happy..." :biggrin2:
    I too predict Oberon will love having a Sheltie buddy, they play so well together usually. It will perk him up for sure. Good luck finding someone, keep us in the loop as we'll all live this vicariously through you. Ahhhhh, puppy fever!! :lol:

Piper's mom, mimiretz, Ann and 3 others like this.
  6. Ron Atkinson

Ron Atkinson Premium Member

Oct 5, 2019
    Sugarcreek, Ohio
    Puppy Fever= Best Illness know to Man. Prescription: Take two they are small :). :)

7. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Congratulations!! I know Oberon will be thrilled once the shock wears off. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

8. SheepOfBlue

SheepOfBlue Premium Member

Oct 15, 2009
    I will email you instructions Mr Oberon. Rule #1 though is you are king, puppy is NOT.

Spitfire Esquire

9. Elei

Elei Forums Enthusiast

Jul 10, 2019
  10. GlennR

GlennR Premium Member

Jan 11, 2019
    Ontario, Canada
    Lucky you. My wife is immovable on this.