Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Finnie has arrived!

Discussion in 'Puppies 101' started by Piper's mom, Apr 15, 2018 at 12:38 AM.

1. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Premium Member

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg After a very busy morning ( Piper was in his first conformation show) I went to meet with the breeder and then brought Finnie home. He's a very sweet, beautiful and sensitive boy but he's missing the breeder and his sister so it'll probably take a few days until he starts to come out of his shell. On the plus side he's had 2 poops and 3 pee's ALL outside, no accidents in the house...yet lol. He's now sleeping in his crate (no fussing at all) and I'm hoping he's as good as Piper was at that age.
    Speaking of Piper, he's not too happy with Finnie...He hasn't decided yet if he likes him yet or not lol. Riley on the other hand loves Finnie...Riley is a mother hen and loves all pups (hence why Piper gets away with murder from Riley).
    Here's a few pictures of Finnie from his arrival.

2. Margi

Margi Forums Enthusiast

Nov 2, 2012
    Corona, AZ
  3. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Western Connecticut
    What a sweetie little Finnie is! He has a great face...bet he's going to be a lot of fun!

How did Piper's first show go?

Piper's mom likes this.
  4. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    I am sure Piper will come around in time! Riley has such a good heart!

Love your photos! Can't wait to see more!!!

Glad you could sleep during the night! You had a big day yesterday! So exciting...

Piper's mom likes this.
  5. Jams

Jams Premium Member

Sep 8, 2017
    Hooray!! Finnie is home!! I know you've been counting the days till he could join your family. Now all the fun begins, right?!! I can't wait to see more pictures of your gorgeous little guy!!

Piper's mom likes this.
  6. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Premium Member

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    He did really good Ann! I was worried that he was going to pace and he did but just the first stretch (we had to go around the ring) he stacked nicely too. We didn't stay for the group altered because they weren't having it until ALL the breeds went and we were on at 10 am. It ended up not being until 6 pm so I'm glad I didn't stay. It was way less stressful that obedience though lol.

Here's the video from yesterday...my little trooper!

Jams and Ann like this.
  7. Pam

Pam Forums Enthusiast

Mar 4, 2017
    Oh my gosh such a busy day. Finnie is so cute and you must be very proud of both him and Piper, Finnie for knowing what outside is for and Piper for such good behavior in the ring.

Piper's mom likes this.
  8. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    You AND the dogs have had a stressful few days. It's only natural that Finnie is homesick. We use DAP to make nighttime comforting.

Piper's mom likes this.
  9. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Western Connecticut
    He looks great, and so do you! Congratulations, Piper!! :biggrin2:

Piper's mom likes this.
  10. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    Congrats on bringing the cutie home:yes: