Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Finnie' progress

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by Piper's mom, Jan 27, 2020.

1. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Today was the first time I actually worked Finnie in a Rally class since he'd hurt his leg. I actually entered this class with the intention of only working Finnie but when class started on January 13th I didn't think he was ready and then last week I had car trouble (thank heaven for extended warranties...a 2400$ bill was only $112) so Piper got a bit of work until today. Finnie did OUTSTANDING...I was so very proud of him. Almost no barking (maybe one) and just a bit of grumbling when heeling. His focus was with me all the time, he never took his eyes off me and was with me every step even past the jumps (we didn't do the jump, I didn't want to push him too much). Good practice heeling past the jumps too seeing as he anticipates everything lol. All the other students were very impressed with him as most had experienced his barking at the last Rally trial we'd entered in November. He got LOTS of treats today lol!

Really seems like the break was good for him.
    We did have an obedience match on Sunday but Finnie wasn't entered, just Piper. He did good just a few things I need to work on before our next trial which won't be until end of April. Piper is the star but Finnie is catching up...

2. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Welcome back, Finnie!!

ghggp likes this.
  3. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Finnie says thanks Chris!
    Now I just have to get him to do the outside stairs and jumping on the bed again. These Shelties are just too darned smart! He banged his leg a couple times each going up the stairs and on the bed hurting himself and so now has a fear of doing this (indoor stairs are ok, go figure...).
    I hold him by his collar guiding him up or he'd tear up them, probably banging them. I also put indoor/outdoor carpeting on them hoping to fool him...he's too smart for that lol.

Calliesmom and ghggp like this.
  4. Hanne

Hanne Premium Member

Nov 13, 2014
    Danmark
    Finnie - It was great news, you are such a sweet dog :yes:

- but I think you should give your mom "sweet eyes"
    so she keeps lifting you up in bed a little more time
    so that your leg can recover completely :smile2:

Sharon7 and Piper's mom like this.
  5. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    So wonderful to hear the news that Finnie is doing so well in Rally! Outstanding Finnie, good boy!

Piper's mom likes this.
  6. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    No sweet eyes are going to suck me in anymore lol...I'm suffering with a very sore neck from lifting him up for over 3 weeks! No more...it's sink or swim for him lol.

Hanne likes this.
  7. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    Really a great report on Finnie's progess. You must be very proud.

Piper's mom likes this.