Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Finnie

Discussion in 'Puppies 101' started by Piper's mom, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Premium Member

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg It's been a while since I posted pictures of Finnie so thought I'd give a quick update. Finnie is now 4 1/2 months old and just go go going...rarely stops doing something. He's a pretty good puppy, not very destructive (hasn't destroyed anything...yet lol), loves his newspaper and Kleenex to tear up.
    Finnie is probably almost 13" tall (was measured last over a month ago) and is closing in on Piper's height, he's almost as tall...I've taken to calling him 'legs' as he's at that coyote stage lol. I've started him on his obedience and we do heeling, pivots, fronts, sit and down stays (he's even doing 'take it' with Piper's dumbbell!)...he's very smart!
    I have him entered in a show in two weeks in the baby puppy so I'm still trying to get him used to standing on the table (he hates it) and his leash work. I've thought all along that he's got a lot of attitude...only wants to do what HE wants and he definitely doesn't want to do conformation lol.
    We'll be doing Meet the Breeds at our local exhibition so hoping all those people and kids will help with his socialization....hope he doesn't bark too much (he's the polar opposite of Piper).
    Here's a few pictures of him (and one with Piper...Piper is such a ham lol).

SheepOfBlue, Sharon7, RikyR and 5 others like this.
  2. corbinam

corbinam Moderator

Oct 14, 2008
    Ohio
    He’s such a cutie! You are lucky! Elise is a destroyer of all things—and she’s quick about it! She’s already ruined two pairs of my flip-flops!

We are entered in beginner puppy this weekend. No idea what to expect! It’s outside and we’ve only really practiced inside so we shall see. Apparently we are the only puppy entered! Can’t wait to hear how it goes for you and your fun little guy!

Piper's mom likes this.
  3. Hanne

Hanne Forums Enthusiast

Nov 13, 2014
    Danmark
    Oh, the first picture of Piper and Finnie is so wonderful.

Yes, I can see that cute Finnie is in the coyote stage - but still adorable :yes:

- when Minnie was there - could my mom glance not see it - I thought she was so nice, but when I see pictures of her now so I can see it :biggrin2:

Thank you for sharing all the pic.

Piper's mom likes this.
  4. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    What a cutie! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the first picture with Piper... It is like Piper is saying... That's my boy... I am helping to train him well! Proud guy!

Yep, know the coyote stage well!
    He sure looks like a ham!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for sharing...

Piper's mom likes this.
  5. Jams

Jams Premium Member

Sep 8, 2017
    :)All of your pictures are so great! I especially like the first one where Piper looks like he's poking his head around Finnie to get in the picture. Finnie shows his spirit in the pictures! He knows so much for being so young that he is sure to do great in the upcoming show.:shameful:

Piper's mom likes this.
  6. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    sounds like you are on your way:yes:
    good things to come- good luck in the puppy show

Piper's mom likes this.
  7. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Premium Member

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    Good luck this weekend Corbinam, I'm sure you'll do great! I keep reminding myself that baby puppy is all about exposure for the pup and getting them used to everything but sometimes it's hard to remember :gaah and I start to worry that I'm not doing enough with him! Especially since I'm really only used to obedience where I wouldn't go in the ring if we weren't ready. Plus I'm busy with Piper...he's entered at the same show but in Utility. Hard to balance working with two dogs!

8. PuppyLovin

PuppyLovin Forums Regular

Feb 16, 2014
    Utah
    I love the coyote stage:lol:

both of them are such cuties♥♥♥