Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

First Aid Kit

Discussion in 'General Health' started by ghggp, Jun 8, 2019.

1. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Jams, Sharon7 and Ann like this.
  2. Cindy

Cindy Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    San Francisco Bay Area, CA
    gavin has a small kit in my car to supplement the people kit...pepcid, benadryl, etc.....

ghggp likes this.
  3. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    I need to add Benadryl! Good call!

4. Cindy

Cindy Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    San Francisco Bay Area, CA
    I had a hike where we had to stop early and go find a pharmacy to get pepcid. gavin started vomiting, nodiea why :( now I carry it with.

ghggp likes this.
  5. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Since Liam had issues throwing up as a puppy, I am well stocked on the Pepcid AC thank goodness!

6. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    I have a great kit I got from Orvis. But I plan to add Cerenia and Benadryl, too!

ghggp likes this.
  7. Caro

Caro Moderator

Jan 14, 2009
    Canberra, Australia
    I have a couple of first aid kits for the dogs. The one I use the least is a normal human First Aid Kit that I've added and removed stuff from (after I did the dog first aid course). Then I have the 'Deska's skin' kit, which was the kit I used the most - cortisone creams, pads (the make-up remover round pads are better than cotton swabs), antiseptic, saline, wraps etc. I had a little IBD/pancreatitis kit for Tully but now I've found mashed potato works better than all the herbs and OTC remedies I had.

With all my health issues one really useful thing is 'what to do' lists for my pets. So what to do 'in case of diarrhea', 'eating the wrong thing', 'ant bite' (Tully is allergic), hayfever/snorting, Katkat vomits, cats get out etc. I also have a list with the feeding regime and the medication regime, and a list of where to find the pet stuff (esp the cats). Got them all on the side of my fridge, with the emergency First Aid check lists I got from my course, so if anyone needs to take my pets the instructions are readily accessible.

ghggp and Calliesmom like this.
  8. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    That is a great idea to have everything on the fridge in case of emergency for someone else to have access to! I will definitely do that too!

Calliesmom likes this.