Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Foooood ALERT!!!!

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by SheepOfBlue, Nov 22, 2020.

1. SheepOfBlue

SheepOfBlue Premium Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Angus here all y'all Shelties. I know I have been skeptical of the legendary Sca as Spitfire is well....he exaggerates.....A LOT. But he told me Sca who was always honest tried to tell him that turkey was not that good when he was a puppy. Seems Sca found it a food among foods and wanted it all. This is what Spitfire tells me but it sounds more like what he tried with me.

Any ways if all y'all have had the glorious turkey you know. For the puppies who have not well you want turkey, trust the Angus.

Our sheep had one today, for most of the day the house smelled delicious. Then out of the magic hot box comes this amazing caramel colored piece of heaven. Then he destroyed it and put it in bins but while that was happening we gots to eat pieces.

So keep your noses tuned up for the wonderful smell and be ready to beg at your best. Turkey season has begun!

Now if all y'all will excuse me I see a towel that needs chewing.

Your buddy,
    Angus

PS and puppies be aware that turkey beggin' is not like normal beggin' it usually goes on a few days in a row. If the senior dog tries to tell you otherwise don't believe them,

Darren, Hanne, Piper's mom and 8 others like this.
  2. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    It will be Meadow's first Thanksgiving so I'm sure the older dogs will be trying to shoulder her out of the running.... I mean eating. And since an almost 14 pound bird was the smallest I could find, there should be plenty for begging dogs!!!

3. SheepOfBlue

Oct 15, 2009
    Mine was 16 lbs. I will be vacuum packing some tomorrow. And munching on turkey and dressing for the next few days. Might pick up another to add to the one in the freezer while they are on sale. Really like Butterballs even at the higher cost but when I looked they either had huge ones at a decent price or tiny ones at to much.

The guys are passed out now after eating, guess turkey poisoning affects dogs as it does people :ROFLMAO:

Darren, Piper's mom, Margi and 3 others like this.
  4. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    I drew the line at doing the entire line up of traditional foods for the dinner myself. Luckily we have a wonderful local family owned restaurant that does catering as well, and for Thanksgiving they do all the sides, gravy and desserts. You can order as many portions as you want, so sage and leek stuffing and turkey gravy is coming courtesy of them. I'll do the turkey, mashed potatoes, vegetable and a chocolate pecan bourbon chess pie for dessert. Shoot, it's only the two of us and we'll have enough food for a month!

Darren, Piper's mom, Margi and 3 others like this.
  5. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Baron, Beau, and Liam here... thank you a million times over for setting the record straight, Angus! We will be sure to keep our noses in the upright vertical position to ensure we capture every wonderful aromas!

Luckily for us, our mom ALWAYS shares! Although no gravy lest we get pancreatitis!

Last edited: Nov 23, 2020
  6. RikyR

RikyR Premium Member

Nov 27, 2013
    Baton Rouge LA
    Since it just the two of us this year, we are going non-traditional. JalapeƱo/cream cheese stuffed pork loin, with sweet potatoes, cornbread dressing, and steamed green beans. Zulu gets a baked chicken breast, sweet potatoes, and steamed green beans. He will have his nose in the air for sure!

Darren, Piper's mom, Margi and 2 others like this.
  7. SheepOfBlue

Oct 15, 2009
    There is only me and while I was invited I am not going to either brothers, last year I spent Thanksgiving battling with doctors for Mom. Not a happy time, it will fade but I don't feel festive this year. But I like turkey (not like the guys :ROFLMAO:) and it is cheap now.

8. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    CommanderMom is cooking peasant.
    Colonel Underpants

9. mimiretz

mimiretz Premium Member

Oct 14, 2014
    denver
    Dis Oberon. When my hoomans have turkey I gets turkey an carrots an stuffin an a roll an mashy taters an sweet tater too! I loves it as much as brisket!!!! But then my hoomans gives Cassie-da-cat turkey too and he teases me wid it by pretending to drop it but not really! I no like him when he do dat!!!

10. SheepOfBlue

Oct 15, 2009
    Isn't cooking peasants a war crime Colonel?