Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Friday the spay day

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by Lexi, Oct 31, 2018.

1. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Outstanding news!

I know how relieved you are to have her back home with you! Extra snuggles and kisses tonight!

2. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    Wonderful news Lexi! So glad she's at home resting now. I'd suggest (if at all possible) that you crate her to limit her movements and to allow her to heal, especially as she wants to follow you. When I'd had my last girl spayed I borrowed a soft sided crate and the first couple days she was in there if I couldn't be with her. I'm quite sure in no time she'll be running and playing!

Ann likes this.
  3. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    That is great news! So glad she's home and recovering. Piper's mom is right...do keep her quiet for a week or until the stitches come out, especially when you can't be around. And give your girl a pat for us.

4. Cindy

Cindy Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    San Francisco Bay Area, CA
    I am glad everything went OK. And I know she is glad to have you right next to her! She will heal up as good as new and she won't even remember this :)

5. Hanne

Hanne Forums Sage

Nov 13, 2014
    Danmark
    Lexi - so glad that everything went well :hugs

That she shakes is because of the drug - she is freezing - so it's normal.

Minnie would only lie completely up to me and I had to keep my arm around her
    she is usually certainly not a snuggle dog :wink2:
    so I sat all the first day with her in couch and when I moved so she wanted to go with me,
    so she came with me, whether it was the kitchen or the bathroom :yes:

I can tell you that I felt like a real, real bad mom when I saw how bad she had, but on the other hand I was relieved.

As you know, I do not use cages indoors - and certainly did not miss in this case.

It is important - but hard that she can not play with her sister before the stitches are taken.