Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Gavin in hospital

Discussion in 'Senior Sheltie Health' started by Cindy, Jun 6, 2018.

1. Cindy

Cindy Premium Member

So I on day 3 of my vacation and my dog is sick back home.
    Vomiting and blood in diarrhoea.
    He ate through his soft crate
    Friend took him to get and he stays overnjght.
    Think he is mad I left him as this is his first time not t boarding while I am gone.
    He has known Anne is while life and likes her so I thought this would be good for him.

I ha ve 3 weeks still left and am scared what will happen.

I feel so helpless being 6000 miles away...

When he gets out I told Anne to stay at my house to see if Gavin does better there

2. Sharon7

Sharon7 Premium Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Southern California
    Cindy! OMG I am so sorry! Nothing worse than dealing with this at a distance, and I've been there. Hopefully it's that he ate something that will pass thru.... Yes I imagine if she moves into your house, he will feel better. Shelties are so darn sensitive and wig out about changes like that in their routine. We've always had a pet-sitter move in and that seems to do the trick.

Let us know what the vet report is, and if he's OK try and enjoy the rest of your trip. You deserve time away and don't feel guilty about it. Fingers crossed for you and Gavin. :fl :hugs

3. Cindy

Cindy Premium Member

Yeah. 1 benefit of waking with the 3:30 sunrise is I aS awake for the txts.
    Poor baby boy. I feel so guilty.
    the vet says gastroenteritis which means they don't think it's serious like an obstruction

4. Hanne

Hanne Forums Enthusiast

Nov 13, 2014
    Danmark
    Yes, one thing is that one's baby is sick which is bad enough - not being with him is really hard,

Let's hope Gavin are okay soon so you can enjoy your vacation,

5. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Oh NOOOO ... Poor Gavin... Poor YOU!

Nothing worse than not being able to be with your sick baby! So glad to hear it not an obstruction!
    Hopefully, he will be better soon and able to adjust to your absence...

6. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Western Connecticut
    So sorry to hear this, Cindy. And the worry of being away and not there...how awful for you! I hope Gavin's issues are short and he recovers quickly so he can get back home.

7. Cindy

Cindy Premium Member

Get keeping him overnight. Doubt it's necessary but since I'm not there. Just fluids and anti nausea meds. Hopefully back home tomorrow. He should feel better in his home

8. take4roll10

take4roll10 Moderator

Aug 31, 2009
    New York
    Aw Cindy, I'm sorry Gavin isn't feeling well. Leaving our furry ones is so hard, but we all need a little R&R. Sounds like Gavin is in good hands and it is not too serious. Try not to worry and enjoy your vacation as best as possible. Hope Gavin is better soon!

9. Cindy

Cindy Premium Member

I hope so!

On pins and needles to hear how he is doing today

10. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    I am so very sorry!!!