Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Goodbye my Deska

Discussion in 'Sheltie Angels' started by Caro, Dec 30, 2018.

1. Caro

Caro Moderator

Jan 14, 2009
    Canberra, Australia
    For those who haven't read my other thread, on Fri 21 Dec my beautiful boy and love of my life, Deska (aka Mr D, bottom, cuddle boy) died. He had complications from intestinal cancer. It was the hardest moment of my life, harder than battling cancer myself.

Tully and I miss him with all our heart. Life is so empty without Deska being on high alert, making mischief and following me everywhere, all the time. In almost 12 years Deska and I were rarely apart and now I feel as though a part of me is missing.

When I'm up to it I'll post some of the Deska stories - and let me tell you there were some stories - from the pizza incident to gate-crashing the Royals, Deska was always up to something. But because he did it with a cheeky grin you just had to laugh.

New puppy
    Deska-home-web.jpg

Grows into beautiful boy
    Agility.jpg DSCN0177.jpg
    Always up to mischief
    Always-begging.jpg At-bunnings.jpg Deska-at-bins.jpg Party-boy.jpg Sir-bark-a-lot.jpg

Sandy in CT, Chris, Hanne and 3 others like this.
  2. Caro

Caro Moderator

Jan 14, 2009
    Canberra, Australia
    Loved by all
    Deska-at-UC-2.jpg D-Delta.jpg D-and-T-puppies.jpg D-and-KK.jpg

But most of all by me
    Me-and-Deska-for-web.jpg At-flyball.jpg 2011-02-11 14.35.56.jpg

3. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Thank you Caro for the beautiful post of fond memories and pictures of Deska. You can certainly see all the love and comic relief he provided!

Although a piece of your heart and soul are shattered at his loss, he will never really leave you in spirit.

Blessings to you and Tully.

Caro and KarenCurtis like this.
  4. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Forums Enthusiast

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    Caro
    Such a moving tribute of the life Deska had with you and all the lives he touched in his too short time with you! You truly captured the fun loving, cheeky, adventuresome boy that was loved by so many people. My heart breaks for you, words cannot convey...I'm so very sorry for your loss.:cry:
    Hugs to you and Tully and know that while we're not there with you, your in our hearts and prayers in this difficult time. :hugs
    RIP Mr.D

Caro, ghggp and KarenCurtis like this.
  5. RikyR

RikyR Premium Member

Nov 27, 2013
    Baton Rouge LA
    Run Free Deska! You will be missed, but never forgotten!

6. Jams

Jams Premium Member

Sep 8, 2017
    "But most of all by me."
    I'm so sorry for the loss of your Deska!! Sending you sheltie love and hugs. In our hearts forever!!

7. Shelby's mom

Shelby's mom Forums Enthusiast

Jan 4, 2012
    pennsylvania
    I am so sorry for your loss.

8. Sharon7

Sharon7 Premium Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Southern California
    What a heartfelt tribute to your beloved Deska. He was an amazing being, Caro, and you were blessed to have each other. You stood by each other until the end. I truly understand your sorrow and I hope the memories will lend comfort. Hugs to you and Tully.

9. mimiretz

mimiretz Forums Enthusiast

Oct 14, 2014
    denver
    I am so sorry for your loss.

10. KarenCurtis

KarenCurtis Premium Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Massachusetts
    Caro likes this.