Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Gussie: The Saintliest Sheltie

Discussion in 'Sheltie Angels' started by shsd, May 1, 2015.

1. shsd

shsd Forums Novice

Jan 26, 2015
    America
    Gussie was an adorable Tricolor Sheltie. She and her brother, Toby, were both Tris. Tobes had eyespots and Gussie had a tan mask. Near the end of her life, Gussie began to have problems with her back legs. She had to go to a hydrotherapy center. It got so bad that she had to have surgery, but a few months before she passed away, she could hardly walk. You could see the pain and misery in her eyes as she struggled to even be able to walk to her food dish. In September of 2013, Lady Gussie of Dickson, Tennessee, closed her brown almond shaped eyes for the last time. Toby never fully recovered from her passing, and was almost incosolable when his mom died of cancer. I would have gladly adopted him, but with all the things going on in my family, we didn't have the time or energy to take care of him. My grandmother would have adopted him, but she was 82 and couldn't exercise him, and there were too many cars on her street. So he went to a family on my street, where his foster dad(Who is my grandparent's dachshund's,Gretel's pediatrician.) where he remained until a biting incident sent him to a new home, where he presumably lives. Please pray for Toby so that he can live out the rest of his life in peace and see his mom and his sister, Gussie, at the Pearly gates at the end of the Rainbow Bridge.

2. Sullivan

Sullivan Forums Enthusiast

May 29, 2013
    Florida
    I am so sorry to hear about losing Gussie, that is really hard on the family especially the 4 legged ones left behind, who can not understand why their sibling is no longer there. I will keep your Toby in my thoughts and prayers for a calm and peace rest of his days and hope that he is in a content, safe and happy environment. :fl :hugs

3. shsd

shsd Forums Novice

Jan 26, 2015
    America
    Sheltie Reply

I heard in August that this site's founder's beloved sable boy, who oddly enough, was named Toby. It seems like the cutest SN furkids are always having to leave this Earth. Tyler, Toby's brother, appeared to be grieved to the heart. Tobes went through that same experience when his big sister died. Thanks for replying, Sullivan.

4. trini

trini Forums Sage

Nov 13, 2013
    upstate NY, USA
    The hard part of loving these little souls is that their stay here on earth with us is never long enough...and their animal "siblings" do grieve their passing just as we do.

Hopefully Toby is living happily with the family that took him in.

Trini

5. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    May St. Francis watch over Toby as he stands watch with Gussie at his side.