Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Happy 8th Birthday Jody!!!

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by Tabitha, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Tabitha

Tabitha Premium Member

Apr 5, 2013
    Lubbock, Texas
    I can’t believe it’s been 8 ears already! These days my little cuddle bug gets called a senior at the vet and is on “old man pills” for arthritis (glucosamine supplements). But at the dog park he still hangs with the young dogs and plays fetch with the little kids. I have to restrain him to keep him from playing too much and hurting his poor little arthritic paw that he seems to forget he has most of the time.

Jody has been a pure joy to me that I couldn’t imagine going through life without. I can’t even put into words what this amazing dog has been to me. I remember the day I picked him up like it was yesterday. I had seen pictures of him from his breeder with his sister and there was just something that drew me to him. I wasn’t able to visit him because he was over 400 miles away, but I just had a gut feeling. Finally he turned 8 weeks and we loaded up in the car for a long drive. When we got there his breeder warned me that he was a shy puppy and just didn’t have much interest in people. When we went inside I saw him being held by the breeders daughter. He was the cutest little fluff ball ever with little beady eyes. She almost dropped him when he began squirming and trying to wiggle away from her. I thought he was afraid. But when she put him down he ran straight for me! Scrambling into my lap and showering me with kisses! According to them, he had never acted like that with anyone. He’s been glued to me ever scene.

Unfortunately, today I have to work and can’t spend much time with him. But we will celebrate Saturday with lots of puppy friendly cakes and cookies and a walk to the park!

2. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Happy 8th Jody! My my... sounds like fate to me! wonderful life and wonderful memories to share at the formal birthday party!!!
    Congrats!!!
    We need pictures of the party of course!

Calliesmom and Tabitha like this.
  3. Tabitha

Tabitha Premium Member

Apr 5, 2013
    Lubbock, Texas
    Of course! :biggrin2:

Calliesmom and ghggp like this.
  4. GlennR

GlennR Premium Member

Jan 11, 2019
    Ontario, Canada
    Happy birthday Jodie. :)

Tabitha and Calliesmom like this.
  5. Margi

Margi Forums Enthusiast

Nov 2, 2012
    Corona, AZ
    Happy Birthday! 8 is great!

Tabitha likes this.
  6. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    Happy Birthday Jody:yes:

7. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Forums Enthusiast

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    Happy Birthday Jody! Sounds like it was fate to me! I agree...I want to see pictures!

8. Hanne

Hanne Premium Member

Nov 13, 2014
    Danmark
    First a big Happy birthday to you Jody. :yes:

Thank you Tabitha for the wonderful story
    of how you and Jody found each other :hugs
    and about your first 8 years together.

It was so nice that this time there was a little tear of joy :wink2:
    after all the sad ones here in recent times.

9. TheDailyPainter

TheDailyPainter Forums Regular

Sep 19, 2019
    That's a beautiful story! Happy Birthday Jody!

10. Roberta

Roberta Premium Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Chicago area
    Happy Birthday Jody!!