Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Happy dreams?

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by GlennR, Jun 13, 2019.

1. GlennR

GlennR Premium Member

Jan 11, 2019
    Ontario, Canada
    Over the years I've had a number of dogs in my family. All of them would dream in their sleep, feet moving, sometimes "talking" in their sleep with some yips. One standard poodle I had would have some bad dreams, with little cries. Willow never seems to have bad dreams. She runs, she wags her tail and never seems troubled. All her dreams seem to be happy ones.

What do your Shelties dream of?

Here's sleepyhead this morning. It's raining outside and dad doesn't want to cope with drying and detangling her if she gets soaked so she's sleeping with her chosen toy of the morning.

https://photos.smugmug.com/Animals/Willow/i-FLZnG7C/0/53340405/XL/2019061308394481-IMG_1698-XL.jpg

Here's the current state of the garden. Willow helps by eating dandelions while I plant. It's too wet out there to play.

https://photos.smugmug.com/Brampton-Yard-2019/i-kbwgBbp/0/3c1117f5/XL/IMG_1696-XL.jpg

Sandy in CT, Sharon7 and Piper's mom like this.
  2. SheepOfBlue

SheepOfBlue Premium Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Huntsville,Al
    Spitfire almost never dreams. He sleeps so soundly that I have prodded him before as he seemed to still. Angus is like Sca was, I have no idea because if I move to look he is up checking on me.

GlennR and Piper's mom like this.
  3. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Forums Enthusiast

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    What dandelions? I guess Willow must've eaten them all! Lol
    I think my guys dream about chasing things lol, paws moving and little yips...funny to watch but I usually wake them up with a little shake.

GlennR likes this.
  4. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    mine have all done that- sometimes I have to look over the side of the couch to see who's doing the dreaming.......

GlennR likes this.
  5. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Western Connecticut
    I only have a few that are active dreamers. One moves paws and vigorously wags her tail which is quite funny. Checkers, on the other hand, doesn't dream but snores! Noisy little doggie snores. :sleepy: Too funny unless it wakes me up. Then not so much. :uhoh:

Willow looks quite comfy! We have rain here in the Northeast today too, and it's cold! My gardens are very slow this year...it's been so cold and wet that the perennials think it's April.

Calliesmom and GlennR like this.
  6. Sharon7

Sharon7 Premium Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Southern California
    Here's a funny story about that! Our first breeder (1987!!) told us one of her bitches was asleep and having some kind of wild dream, suddenly woke up, marched over, and bit her stud dog on the butt! She said it was obvious who her dream had been about! :lol: I thought that was hilarious.

All of mine will move paws or legs as if running while they are snoozing, sometimes the facial muscles will also move and they make little noises.

Hanne, corbinam, Ann and 2 others like this.
  7. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Premium Member

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    Your garden is beautiful Glenn!

Ann, Calliesmom and GlennR like this.
  8. Margi

Margi Forums Enthusiast

Nov 2, 2012
    Corona, AZ
    :yuckyuck

Mine dream some. Like Angus, Benson is almost impossible to check up on, or move away from for that matter without him instantly awake. I did manage to sneak into another room a few times. I considered that a milestone in his adjusting to our household. Finally feeling at home enough to go into deep asleep. Fil and Koko sleep so soundly I have checked to see if they were breathing! :yes:

Calliesmom likes this.