Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Has anyone seen Spring?

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by GlennR, Apr 11, 2019.

1. GlennR

GlennR Forums Enthusiast

Jan 11, 2019
    Ontario, Canada
    As I sit here typing this post I'm watching snowflakes falling outside my window. Winter is not giving up its stranglehold on the weather yet it seems. Although Willow, naturally equipped with a fur coat, doesn't mind the snow, I can't pretend to be enthusiastic about it.

I suppose if she grumbles enough about it, I'll take her for a walk but she'll have to really complain to get me out and about in this. We have plenty of indoor games to play. At this rate, I won't get the snow tires off of the car until June. :)

Oh, on a completely unrelated matter. I wrote in another post about how Willow ducked under my wife's hands to leap on the bed and cuddle with me one morning and how that was different for my wife.

Well, lest I get too big for my britches, today was my turn to get up first and take Willow out. She nimbly ducked under my hands when I opened her crate and she leaped up on the bed and snuggled in with my wife turning over on her back. Both my wife and I had a great laugh over it. It isn't me, it isn't my wife, it's the bed that's her goal.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
  2. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    smart goal- getting on the bed:yes:
    It's spring here in the south- or maybe we skipped spring for summer- it was 81 yesterday.................................

JacqueZ and GlennR like this.
  3. Sharon7

Sharon7 Premium Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Southern California
    Ooooo, I would be really tired of snow by now! Yep we had a heat wave here - it was 84 degrees yesterday - too dang hot by half for this early. Lots of flowers blooming though, roses, sweet peas, poppies, azaleas and geraniums. (Sorry! :uhoh: :hide )

Calliesmom, Piper's mom and GlennR like this.
  4. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Western Connecticut
    :yuckyuck:yuckyuck:yuckyuck

Ah yes, our Shelties do love claiming their place on the Big Bed! It's just a matter of time, Glenn... :yes:

JacqueZ, Calliesmom and GlennR like this.
  5. mimiretz

mimiretz Forums Enthusiast

Oct 14, 2014
    denver
    I'm in Colorado. We had 75 degrees on Tuesday. Then yesterday we got a blizzard. It's in the mid-30s now. By next Tuesday it should be back up to 70 -- just before another storm!

GlennR, Calliesmom and Piper's mom like this.
  6. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Forums Enthusiast

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    Spring???? I think we had Spring and Summer back I need March and skipped right back into winter! We honestly had nicer weather...now they're calling for snow tonight! I actually got out and took the dogs for a 2 mile walk this morning. Was windy and cold but at least the streets were nice and dry so dogs stayed clean, If it's cold and snowing tomorrow they may not get a walk lol!

GlennR and Calliesmom like this.
  7. ttexan

ttexan Premium Member

Dec 3, 2013
    Sandia Park, NM
    Winter these few days in New Mexico, but Spring is scheduled next week. No idea if it will last this time. A couple of years ago we had 4 inches of snow on May 1.

Calliesmom and GlennR like this.
  8. RikyR

RikyR Premium Member

Nov 27, 2013
    Baton Rouge LA
    Dangerous times for us folks in the south. Those cold fronts are heading our way meet up with the warm Gulf air causing severe weather outbreaks. We are expecting heavy thunderstorms late tomorrow into early Sunday morning.

Calliesmom and GlennR like this.
  9. Sharon7

Sharon7 Premium Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Southern California
    :eek2: :(( Stay safe out there, Southern Sheltie Nation folks!!!!

Ann, RikyR, GlennR and 1 other person like this.
  10. MissyGallant

MissyGallant Premium Member

Dec 20, 2011
    Sheridan, Indiana
    I caught a glimpse this week. But now, it went back into hiding. I think it might be behind a tree somewhere, but I'm not sure.

RikyR, GlennR and Calliesmom like this.