Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Haunch holder

Discussion in 'Grooming' started by Piper's mom, Apr 30, 2020.

1. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    IMG_5738.JPG
    IMG_5736.JPG IMG_5740.JPG So I ordered a grooming arm with a haunch holder and I figured since it arrived a day early.....
    I gotta say it worked great with Finnie because he always wants to lay down (he's still afraid of being on the table) and it helped him stand upright. Still nervous but not as bad.
    With Piper, he always wants to sit when I brush his butt and and hard as he tried he couldn't lol. I liked having just the haunch holder on Piper because it allowed me to brush and do his ears without the neck loop and no worry about him trying to jump off. Here's a few pictures...no baths yet but brushed and Piper's ears done .
    Thanks for the video Ann!

Wendy C, Hanne, Darren and 5 others like this.
  2. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Aren’t those handy? It’s great for freeing up both hands when they won’t stand up. And wow, his ears look fantastic!

3. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Premium Member

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    He looks great!!!! I have one of those for Kooper, who none of my local vets or grooming places will do a nail trim on. I don't use it as loosely for him, and I have him muzzled, or he would eat me alive trying to dremel his nails - he bites - hard. Brodie lays on his back and falls alseep...... I have no idea why the difference between the two boys!

Love the first two poses - think he liked you taking his picture! Off topic - do your boys pant alot? can see it in the pics. Brodie is a panter, not a drooler though. Just curious because my first sheltie was not.

Wendy C, Darren and Calliesmom like this.
  4. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    My last female Cocker was a biter too...I had to muzzle her as well.
    It was getting rather warm when I was brushing them...they usually only pant when hot with the exception of Finnie. He was nervous and the anxiety caused the panting.

Tomorrow my new blower comes. The holder will come in very handy for this...as good as Piper is on the table (and he really is) he's afraid of the blower at PetValu (self bathing) and has tried to climb on me lol. Finnie on the other hand petrified of the table but the blower doesn't bother him...go figure...

Darren and Calliesmom like this.
  5. Margi

Margi Premium Member

Nov 2, 2012
    Corona, AZ
    Had to get one for Fillion, its a real god send for the perpetual sitter!
    Piper looks great! Nice ear trim!
    Show pics of the new dryer--I have an ancient Oster stand dryer I'm gonna have to replace very soon...

Darren, Calliesmom and Piper's mom like this.
  6. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    If I ever get off the "grooming floor"! :lol:

Wendy C, Darren and Piper's mom like this.
  7. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    I heár ya Chris...many times I'll groom them on the floor but it kills my back. Not the most comfortable position to be in although the dogs don't seem to mind lol.

Wendy C and Darren like this.
  8. Darren

Darren Forums Enthusiast

Nov 1, 2019
    Wow that is awesome and Finnie actually does look happy using it! I could have done with that when I had Harley! Monty is easy enough as I can hold him in one arm lol.

PS I love his coat :yes:

Wendy C, Calliesmom and Piper's mom like this.
  9. Hanne

Hanne Forums Sage

Nov 13, 2014
    Danmark
    oh Lisa the first picture is absolutely amazing,
    Piper is so beautiful.
    yes, it's annoying Minnie will also sit down all the time
    when I want to fix her tail.
    I arrange Minnie on the garden table so probably
    a little difficult with a haunch holder :ROFLMAO:

Wendy C and Piper's mom like this.
  10. Wendy C

Wendy C Forums Enthusiast

May 30, 2019
    We only use the belly strap on the table now although hubby maintains Coop would never jump off sometimes his butt is too close to the end of the table. So is this an extra strap that goes further back? He also sits when I try and do the back end so hubby puts his arms under his belly and holds him up! Did you get it from Amazon? I have the same spray bottle! lol. Such beautiful dogs, come do Cooper’s ears please . :)

Hanne likes this.