Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Have mercy...hot and sticky!

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by Wendy C, Jul 8, 2020.

1. Wendy C

Wendy C Premium Member

May 30, 2019
    Paris, Ontario CANADA
    Woke up early and it was already 72 and humid!! I think we made the right decision for today we are going to visit my Mom after another 2 weeks of self quarantine to wish her a Happy 93rd birthday...we haven’t seen her since early March. The good decision is that it’s a 2 1/2 hour drive and we decided to book Cooper into the kennel for the day and his first over night! The kennel has heated floors in the winter and a/c in the summer, a huge fenced area to run and play, a doggy pool, she plays lots of games with the dogs to keep them busy. We were so impressed and I’m pretty sure Cooper would rather be there than in the car! They seem to do well posting pictures so if I get a fun one I will post it here tomorrow afternoon. Hope everyone is keeping well, I continue to worry about those living in the US., stay safe! xx

Caro, Darren, GlennR and 6 others like this.
  2. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Good for you, quarantining yourselves for two weeks to ensure your 93 year old mother can have a safe visit with her family! I am sure all of you will be so happy to see each other In person! Tell her happy 93rd from her friends at Sheltie Nation.
    I am sure Cooper will be fine and have a blast! Take care on your travels! Wear gloves when filling your tank with gas!

I know what you mean about the heat...
    In Michigan we are up to 7 days of 90 degree weather and the next 3 days are forecast to be 90 as well!

Last edited: Jul 8, 2020
    Darren, Ann, Sharon7 and 2 others like this.
  3. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    Cooper is going to be very happy to see you when you get back!
    I know what you mean about the weather, we've had very hot and humid weather for the past week.
    Drive safe and enjoy your visit !

Darren, Ann and Sandy in CT like this.
  4. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Premium Member

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    Enjoy your trip! Hoping Cooper has a fun first sleepover! Sounds like a great place to be! Enjoy your visit with your mom and happy 93rd birthday!!!!

We woke up to 95% humidity according to my outdoor thermometer - only 75 degrees, but everything is coated with moisture like it rained, but it hasn't. Most humidity for our morning walk without it actually raining. Our hill is just encased in a big damp cloud.

Piper's mom and Darren like this.
  5. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    Southern California
    Have a wonderful birthday celebration with your mom, I know she will be so happy for the company! Sounds like Cooper is set up to have a blast at the kennel. We are such weather wimps here - rarely do we have humidity so if we get the least bit everyone melts. Supposed to be very hot here this weekend though.

Safe travels!

6. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Connecticut
    Enjoy the trip and the visit with your Mom! Cooper sounds like he's going to Doggie Paradise! Can I book in there too? It's miserable here, hot, humid, pouring and thundering at the moment. Even the dogs are limp. Be safe and Happy Birthday to your Mom!

7. GlennR

GlennR Premium Member

Jan 11, 2019
    Ontario, Canada
    I hope all goes well on your journey and that the kennel experience is a good one. We are fortunate enough that Willow's breeder takes her dogs back whenever people need to board them. Willow had an absolute blast when we traveled to Ottawa for my son's wedding last autumn.

It has been relentlessly hot here so I'm setting an alarm so I can get Willow out at six AM. Seven-thirty has been too late and too hot by the time we get back home. The heat just rolls in every morning. Due to the heat my wife will go visit her parents alone next week and Willow and I will stay home.

8. Wendy C

Wendy C Premium Member

May 30, 2019
    Paris, Ontario CANADA
    We live in Paris, Ontario and Cooper’s kennel is in Scotland, Ontario. We drove up the driveway and saw 3 sheep in a pen and really started to laugh. Laura posted this picture of Cooper taken later in the morning. By the way you know this dog didn’t even turn around and say good bye to us he was in heaven...I’m crushed!! lol.

Cooper says hello!!

Hanne, Calliesmom, Sharon7 and 5 others like this.
  9. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    That's a beautiful picture Wendy, made me chuckle seeing Cooper checking out the sheep lol! What a great place to board, I see now that Cooper isn't going to miss you at all!

Ann, Sharon7 and Wendy C like this.
  10. Wendy C

Wendy C Premium Member

May 30, 2019
    Paris, Ontario CANADA
    It’s such a great place We are so happy to have found it. They said Cooper is a Star ha ha. They take them for a long walk as well as having a huge area for them to play and they did nose work and puzzles with him. It’s in the country the sheep aren’t theirs they rent out pasture to a neighbor...they also have chickens. We will definitely take him back there. That collar on him in the picture isn’t his I had to remove his collar and leash and they put one him as part of their no contact protocol. It looks huge! lol

Piper's mom and Sharon7 like this.