Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

He is such a tattle tale!

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by Margi, Oct 16, 2019.

1. Margi

Margi Forums Enthusiast

Nov 2, 2012
    Corona, AZ
    Benson came flying in the house last night, running straight at me, barking with a slightly higher pitch. As soon as he saw that I was looking at him, he turned and ran back toward the door. He glanced back to see if I'm coming. "Ok", I said, "This is different, better go see". Fillion is out there with something corralled in a dark corner of the patio, but I can't see what. "COOOKIES!!!" I sing out, and get all three inside and the dog door shut. Everyone seems ok, so now it's time for me to go see what the heck it is this time! It was a tarantula, out for a bite to eat I imagine. He wasn't quite large enough to be migrating for mating. I got the broom and eased him up the wall to the counter where the dogs couldn't get him. Thanks, Benson! I will pay attention when you sing out like that next time too!

Benson,
    That was MY tarantula.
    Snitches get stitches, just saying.

Uncle Fil

RikyR, HikerDog, Hanne and 9 others like this.
  2. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Premium Member

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    Good boy Benson!!!!!!

Tarantula's are scarier looking than they really are right? Still would sceeve me out big time - you are a brave soul!

KarenCurtis, Ann and Calliesmom like this.
  3. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Forums Sage

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    Yikes....Tarantulas???
    Good boy Benson!
    You tell Fil to stay away from them!

Hanne, KarenCurtis, Ann and 1 other person like this.
  4. SheepOfBlue

SheepOfBlue Premium Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Huntsville,Al
    Time to tactically nuke the state

RikyR, HikerDog, Piper's mom and 2 others like this.
  5. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Western Connecticut
    OMG a tarantula...I would probably move! You can tell I live in the northeast....:hide

Good job, Benson!! And very brave mom Margi! :yes:

6. Margi

Margi Forums Enthusiast

Nov 2, 2012
    Corona, AZ
    LOL! I can laugh cuz I was once the one standing on the chair the first time I saw one strolling across the patio. Over the years I have come to appreciate and admire them, even though I am afraid of spiders! These are soooo big I guess I don't think of them as spiders anymore. The males are about 10 years old before they reach full size (about 6 inches long) before going off to mate. Females can live 20 years. Last year Fillion got a full grown Arizona Blonde (at least I think he killed it). So I was actually trying to save the tarantula, not Fil :) He was not happy with me (or his nephew) :ROFLMAO:

Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
  7. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    WHERE THE HECK DO YOU LIVE????????? :eek2: :gaah

KarenCurtis likes this.
  8. Margi

Margi Forums Enthusiast

Nov 2, 2012
    Corona, AZ
    OMG I really did lol at that.

We are 20 miles outside Tucson, AZ, in a small community called Corona de Tucson (or just Corona). We are surrounded by undeveloped Sonoran desert. When the golf course we live on went bankrupt in the crash, the natural vegetation and wildlife moved back in. Hence all the visitors we get.

Calliesmom and KarenCurtis like this.
  9. KarenCurtis

KarenCurtis Premium Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Massachusetts
    That info is really interesting! 20 years!!! And 10 for the male, wow! Spiders are interesting, and yes, I'm afraid of them myself but I like to watch them build their webs

Margi and Calliesmom like this.
  10. Cindy

Cindy Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    San Francisco Bay Area, CA
    I've had multiple relatives down there...Green Valley, AZ.
    I always shake out my shoes when I go visit!
    Their dogs only go out to potty... too warm most of the year.
    But it's much better than Phoenix!

Sandy in CT and Calliesmom like this.