Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

He keeps on growing !!

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by Wendy C, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Wendy C

Wendy C Forums Enthusiast

May 30, 2019
    Cooper still fits in his crate, but only just! lol This week we are getting him used to the laundry room when we go out or when we are busy. The door is open in the room and there is a gate so it makes it seem a bit more open. It’s safe for him and not much he can destroy.......wonder if we could teach him to do the laundry when we are out?? lol

Ann, KarenCurtis, Hanne and 6 others like this.
  2. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    This is a good step forward! Honestly I could kill for a laundry room (our machines are just in the garage) for just this reason, safe, small, washable floor. Oh yeah, also would be nicer to do the laundry in, too! :lol:

Cooper sure is a cutie. I love his coloring.

Ann, KarenCurtis, Piper's mom and 3 others like this.
  3. GlennR

GlennR Premium Member

Jan 11, 2019
    Ontario, Canada
    I like Cooper's coloration.

Like Cooper, Willow's original crates are a bit snug to my way of thinking but she likes them just fine. For overnight in our bedroom, I bought an oversized crate. Typically, she tends to lie in the back well away from the door. I travel with one of the smaller sized crates.

4. Wendy C

May 30, 2019
    Glenn, how much does Willow weigh? We haven’t weighed him this week, but last week he was about 20 pounds. Coop is sleeping at the bottom of our bed now. We use a crate for travel long distances and quick trips we use the seatbelt straps. (So far I sit in the back with him to make sure it is age and he doesn’t get twisted up in the strap. lol)

5. SheepOfBlue

SheepOfBlue Premium Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Sca went through a crate, then another, then I decided I was done and got him a huge one and he quit growing LOL. It was big enough that he and Spitfire both could fit in it at flyball. However there was a couple of things that Sca did not tolerate and Spitfire in his crate was one. Of course at flyball I could understand as Spitfire would lay on him after he ran. Around the house though if Spitfire went in his Sca would stand at the door until Spitfire left or was removed. Angus ate the door on it as it was a soft crate...

KarenCurtis, Wendy C and Calliesmom like this.
  6. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Forums Sage

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    Both Kooper and Brodie have 30" Midwest crates. I had Brodie in the downstairs bathroom when he was a puppy, but he ate through the gate....

KarenCurtis and Wendy C like this.
  7. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Well, you are certainly lucky with Cooper! BTW, love your sign off tagline: Mom to Cooper aka “Is that an Aussie pup?”

Liam was good at first when I left him outside the crate. Then all hell broke loose!

He is just great in the crate when I am home. When he is left in the crate he goes crazy.

With this level of destruction... he needs to be crated!

2019-08-08_12-15-41.jpg 2019-08-08_12-16-33.jpg 2019-08-08_12-16-56.jpg

KarenCurtis and Piper's mom like this.
  8. Wendy C

May 30, 2019

Yikes!! we are considering making this a permanent place for him when we go out. I put water down for him and stuffed the Kong with some kibble to keep him busy for awhile. Hoping that if he is happy there it can continue as the floor can be scrubbed if there is an “accident” of any kind. Our senior Shih Tzu used it and we put pee pads down for him, but I think Coop would destroy those quick. lol

Ann likes this.
  9. GlennR

GlennR Premium Member

Jan 11, 2019
    Ontario, Canada
    Willow is 21 pounds and 17 inches high by my untrained measurements. We're working on knocking her weight down a pound, just til we can feel her ribs reliably.

10. Cindy

Cindy Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    San Francisco Bay Area, CA
    Is he teething?
    I found once Gavin made it through that he was perfectly safe to not eat my wall!