Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Hello from Maine, USA

Discussion in 'Say Hello!' started by Joy Metcalf, Dec 29, 2018.

1. Joy Metcalf

Joy Metcalf Forums Novice

Dec 24, 2018
    Midcoast Maine
    I was given a 4 y.o. Sheltie male. He is purebred, entire, and has been used for breeding. He's such a mellow dog! When I took him to be groomed, the groomer was astonished at how well-behaved he was. His previous owner has a farm and has been trying to give him to me for over a year...and one weekend I took him home to see if I could find him a home. I did! Mine! Not planned, but I couldn't part with him. I absolutely love this dog, and I'm so glad to have found a forum where I can find out more about the breed. And I almost forgot! His name is Chance. I decided to take a chance on Chance. LOL!

Ann, KarenCurtis and Jams like this.
  2. Hanne

Hanne Forums Enthusiast

Nov 13, 2014
    Danmark
    Welcome to you and Chance from Denmark
    - I was also lucky to find SN - a amazing forum for me as first time Sheltie owner :yes:
    :lol::lol::lol:

KarenCurtis and Jams like this.
  3. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Welcome to Sheltie Nation!

Bless you for adopting Chance! Somehow the breeder must have known you were the right person to provide Chance a loving home! Her persistence payed off and now Chance can bless your life!

Please post pictures when you can and congratulations on your new family member Chance and your new Sheltie family in Sheltie Nation!

PS. My heart dog was named Mr Chance. I adopted him from a rescue and he was the best thing that ever happened to my life... as I know your Chance will be to you!

Hanne, Joy Metcalf and Jams like this.
  4. Sharon7

Sharon7 Premium Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Southern California
    Welcome to you and Chance. Took a while, but it seems he was meant to be with you! This site is a great resource for breed information and lots of support. Post photos when you get a chance! It's a requirement for newbies, LOL.

5. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    welcome:smile2:
    we love pix:yes:

6. KarenCurtis

KarenCurtis Premium Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Massachusetts
    Welcome!!

7. Cindy

Cindy Premium Member

Your life is definitely gonna be enhanced by Chance :)
    we love pics and will help in any way we can with any questions you have!

KarenCurtis likes this.
  8. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    Hello -- sorry to be so late joining this thread! I'm so happy for you and Chance -- and welcome to the best Sheltie site on the web!

KarenCurtis likes this.