Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Hello from Missouri!

Discussion in 'Say Hello!' started by kosame, Aug 17, 2019.

1. kosame

kosame Forums Novice

Aug 13, 2019
    Hello all! Names Jess, I've grown up with lots of dogs but I'm currently privileged to own a beautiful tri-color spotted shetland sheepdog/blue heeler mix! He's what made me fall in love with the breed, and I've been doing my research and looking at sheltie rescues/breeders in hopes of a new pup soon.
    More about my dog- his name is Blessing and he's a tripawd-missing one of his hind legs! He's somewhere between 9-11 and he's AMAZING. So soft and gentle with the classic kind sheltie face <3 I adopted him when I was 14 and it was the best decision I've ever made!
    Blessing truly lives up to his name. He's a lazy boy who loves new people, car rides and bike tires, and tearing up tissues.
    I'd love to hear about you and your dogs!

Sharon7, KarenCurtis and ghggp like this.
  2. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Western Connecticut
    Welcome, Jess and Blessing! It sounds like you would both love another Sheltie companion! We're happy to have you here on the Forum.

Wendy C, KarenCurtis and ghggp like this.
  3. Wendy C

Wendy C Premium Member

May 30, 2019
    Paris, Ontario CANADA
    Hi and welcome from Ontario, Canada Jess!! I am fairly new to this wonderful forum full of great info and advice. Might I also add super people! I have a Blue Merle Sheltie almost 6 months old named Cooper. Coop can be a naughty pup, but he is adorable so forgiven quickly! :)

ghggp likes this.
  4. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    welcome:smile2:
    we love pix:yes:

Wendy C likes this.
  5. Cindy

Cindy Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    San Francisco Bay Area, CA
    We really really love pictures :) If you are a premium member you can upload them directly, otherwise you can post a link to a photosharing website. My boy is 14 and mobility challenged now...There is a LON Gavin Beach Wheels.jpg Gavin Stroller.JPG G thread in senior shelties about his journey. But he still loves the beach.

Attached Files:

Wendy C, Calliesmom and ghggp like this.
  6. Hanne

Hanne Premium Member

Nov 13, 2014
    Danmark
    Welcome to you Jess and your Blessing from Denmark and my Minnie
    siddende første.jpg

Sharon7, Wendy C and ghggp like this.
  7. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    We welcome you with open arms and paws Jess and Blessing!

How wonderful of you for opening your heart and home to a special needs dog! Bravo!

Rescuing makes a you feel so good! Saving a life makes such a wonderful bond with your dog. Bless you for your compassion!

I have 3 shelties, 2 sables and a tri. Please do post some pictures when you get a chance.

Wendy C likes this.
  8. KarenCurtis

KarenCurtis Premium Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Massachusetts
    Welcome!

Wendy C likes this.
  9. Sharon7

Sharon7 Premium Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Southern California
    Welcome from Southern California. I have two Shelties currently, Faith is six, and she is Elijah's aunt. Eli is two. they are Shelties #5 and #6 for us.
    Blessing sounds like a great dog. We travel to Missouri fairly often to ride horses on a friend's ranch, and I really like the state. Beautiful scenery and friendly people.

10. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    Welcome from the Nattering Springs gang!!