Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Hello from Prince Laddie a very large sheltie!

Discussion in 'Say Hello!' started by Chris Y, Jul 12, 2017.

1. Chris Y

Chris Y Forums Novice

Jul 12, 2017
    I am wondering if my pure bred sheltie, Prince Laddie, is one of the largest ever recorded. He weighs 67 pounds, not overweight very slender, and stands from shoulders down a whopping 24 inches. His sister and parents are all around 18 to 22 lbs. He is just over 4 years old and beautiful. The only health issue he has is his eyes are not producing tears very much and we have to use drops everyday.

2. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    that is the largest sheltie that I have heard of...:eek2::winkgrin:
    My biggest is only 29-30 lbs and almost 18" at the shoulder

ghggp and Chris Y like this.
  3. Chris Y

Chris Y Forums Novice

Jul 12, 2017
    I would post a picture of Prince but have yet to figure it out!

4. Caro

Caro Moderator

Jan 14, 2009
    Canberra, Australia
    Wow, he's officially the biggest Sheltie we've had on the forum. We've had a few 21" but Prince definitely takes the lead. Bet he gets mistaken for a Collie all the time.

To embed a picture into your post you have to be a premium member. Otherwise save a photo to a photo sharing website and put a link to the photo in your post.

Chris Y likes this.
  5. Chris Y

Chris Y Forums Novice

Jul 12, 2017
    Thanks I will try that!

6. Annbrea

Annbrea Forums Novice

Sep 3, 2018
    I have a very large sheltie also... everyone thinks he is a collie... and he does look like Lassie. He is a pure bred and AKC registered .. his parents are tiny compared to him, as is his brother... from withers to paw he is 23.5 inches!!!

7. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Wow, that is huge!!!

My Baron is 40lbs and I thought he was big! Will love to see pictures of Prince Laddie!