Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Hello from the Great Northwest...Washington State

Discussion in 'Say Hello!' started by BLeewillett, Jul 12, 2018.

Tags:
  1. BLeewillett

BLeewillett Forums Novice

Mar 12, 2018
    Great Northwest
    I am the proud owner (as of March 8th, 2018) of a Bi-Black rescued 2 yr old Sheltie named Faylen (I call her Fay Fay). My Fay Girl was a show dog and somewhere along the line she became frightened from a scary incident and so they retired her. I got her through a rescue organization/and the new owner that had her for 1 year or so. I bought a Bi-Blue puppy 4 weeks ago and this has been the best thing for Fay... it has made her so much more social and playful. I am blessed and grateful to have them in my life after losing my partner to colon cancer on March 8th.. the day I picked up Fay, so in my heart, I feel they were both suppose to be in my life for love and companionship.

2. Chris

Chris Forums Celebrity

Feb 25, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    Well you certainly jumped in with both feet -- or should I say paws! :lol: Welcome from Northern Virginia!!!

3. BLeewillett

BLeewillett Forums Novice

Mar 12, 2018
    Great Northwest
    yes I did and it has been a lot of work for both but all so worth it and such joy to see Fay come out of her shell and the puppy well that just makes anyone smile...right!

4. Caro

Caro Moderator

Jan 14, 2009
    Canberra, Australia
    What a beautiful story! A big handful too, but aren't they a great distraction. I have colon cancer and bless every day I have my Shelties with me.

5. Gypsy0211

Gypsy0211 Forums Regular

Nov 28, 2013
    New England
    Waving to you from New England!

6. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    welcome:smile2:
    we love pix:yes:

7. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Welcome! So sorry to hear you lost your partner. I am so glad to hear you opened your heart and home to two loving little souls! I am sure Fay will come out of her shell even more with your loving attention and a little bi blue to play with!

Post pictures when you can!

8. Sharon7

Sharon7 Forums Enthusiast

Oct 31, 2009
    Southern California
    Wow, March 8 must have been a roller coaster day. I'm sorry for your loss. I think rescuing Fay and raising a pup will give you purpose and a reason to live in the moment. I have a bi-black girl, Brooke, who is a retired show dog, plus her granddaughter Faith and her great-grandson Eli who is a new arrival.

Welcome to Sheltie Nation!