Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Hello, tiny Sheltie owner from England

Discussion in 'Say Hello!' started by Darren, Nov 6, 2019.

1. Darren

Darren Forums Regular

Nov 1, 2019
    Just wanted to stop by and say Hi.
    After the heart break of losing my last Shetland Sheepdog after 15 years I vowed no more dogs......Then along came Monty..
    Monty is a tiny Shetland Sheepdog and after seeing him up for adoption a few months ago I just could not say no. He is 3yrs old and strangly only weighs 11lb, My previous sheltie was 24lbs at his age so I'm hoping his size is 'normal'.
    I've hopefully posted a photo link below and I look forward to getting to know everyone.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/48966830373/in/dateposted-public/

2. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Welcome Darren and Monty!
    I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your 15 year old sheltie. We all understand how devastating it is for a loss after such a long time with a special sheltie. Actually, we never really get over it as much as we learn to live with the loss!

Bless you for opening your heart and home to Monty! what an absolute cutie! I sure he is adding much needed companionship and helps redirect your sadness.
    Nothing makes your heart feel fuller than adopting a sheltie in need! Bless you for adopting Monty! Welcome to Sheltie Nation!

Darren and Wendy C like this.
  3. Wendy C

Wendy C Premium Member

May 30, 2019
    Paris, Ontario CANADA
    Welcome from Cooper and I!! I
    We did similar, our sweet Sheltie passed 34 years ago and hubby and I loved her so much we said we could never get another because we would never find one as wonderful as her. Doing the opposite she was 14 pounds and Cooper at 8 months is 27 pounds!! A totally different personality, but we love him to bits. :). Hubby is a Brit from near Brighton. Welcome and cheers!!

Darren and ghggp like this.
  4. Darren

Darren Forums Regular

Nov 1, 2019
    Thank you for the welcomes, and say hello to Cooper from me :). I'm already finding the topics on this forum so helpful. Monty has had a bit of a rough start but i'm hoping now he has a forever home we can help each other out haha. He has came on so much in just 2 months so with a little work I hope I can help him lose his fear and become a confident, happy little man.

ghggp and Wendy C like this.
  5. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Western Connecticut
    Welcome, Darren and Monty! Monty is a darling! Yes, he's on the small size but some Shelties are like that. It just makes him more portable. He is very, very cute!

Darren, ghggp and Wendy C like this.
  6. SheepOfBlue

SheepOfBlue Premium Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Huntsville,Al
    Spitfire says ears up and not to big, good job Monty. Now rule the house with an iron paw!

Darren, Calliesmom and ghggp like this.
  7. Sharon7

Sharon7 Premium Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Southern California
    Awww, he is super cute! A color-headed white. He looks like a little fox. Good on you for adopting Monty, and I hope you have many wonderful years together. This is a great venue for all things Sheltie! We are on # 5 and # 6 ourselves, can't imagine life without them, even though losing them is the worst thing ever.
    Welcome to you and Monty from southern California!

8. Margi

Margi Forums Enthusiast

Nov 2, 2012
    Corona, AZ
    Welcome from the Corona Crew! Monty is just precious...in a few months he will be settled in. I just got a highly reactive, timid 1 yr old--in 6 months he's part of the pack :) Thank you for taking in that sweet face!

9. TheDailyPainter

TheDailyPainter Forums Regular

Sep 19, 2019
    Hi Monty and Darren from River and Barb!

10. Cindy

Cindy Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    San Francisco Bay Area, CA
    Monty is adorable. and small enough you can fly with him in a carrier under the seat in front of you!

ghggp, Darren and Calliesmom like this.