Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Hi Sheltie Lovers - another one here!

Discussion in 'Say Hello!' started by 50 Shades of Blue, Mar 31, 2018.

1. 50 Shades of Blue

50 Shades of Blue Forums Novice

Mar 31, 2018
    Good Afternoon,

I am 50 Shades of Blue. That's a long name so I'll respond to 50 or Shades or whatever is easiest. I have 2 Shelties currently - a bi-black and a sable/white. I have had Shelties for 33 years but just found this place. What a wonderful surprise! I hope to make friends here and ask questions even after 17 Shelties. I sure don't know it all! Right now I am dealing with ears as usual! LOL! There's always a new way of doing them. Thanks for accepting my membership here.:)

Piper's mom, Jams, Ann and 1 other person like this.
  2. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Welcome! Glad to have another Sheltie addict aboard! We can never have too many! It is Just like owning more than one like yourself! Once you have been smitten with this breed it is the only one in the world for you!

This is the best ever Sheltie resource on the web!!!

Please post pictures of you two Shelties when you can!
    Looking forward to hear of your adventures with pups!!!

Piper's mom likes this.
  3. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Welcome! Happy to have you! Ah, the dreaded ears. I feel your pain. It's a rite of Sheltie puppyhood. I'm about at the end of it with mine at nearly 9 months and will be happy when they're done!

4. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    Welcome 50 Shades! As Gloria said we are all addicts of this beautiful breed, glad to have another Sheltie lover!

5. 50 Shades of Blue

Mar 31, 2018
    Thank you so much ghggp, Ann, and Piper's Mom! I am thrilled to find a group of people owned by Shelties! Funny story but when I was a little girl my mom got me a book about dogs. I pointed to the one I wanted and said that's what I will have someday. Unfortunately it was called a "Toy Collie" in this book! :ROFLMAO: Could we ever count the times that people have asked if our dogs are miniature Collies?

I need to spend some time looking around the site today so I can figure out how to post pics of my girls.

Fifty Shades of Blue was the registered name of one of my girls that I recently lost. That's how I chose my nic. I have had sables, tris, a sable merle, blues and now my bi-black. I love them all but my blues were so very special to me since my DH didn't like the color at first but broke down and went to the breeder with me and fell in love with a little blue girl years ago.

Again, thank you all! :)

Ann likes this.
  6. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Welcome, Shades! Many of us are Premium Members. That way, having an avatar pic and posting photos are super easy. Plus it really helps Kelly keep this site up and running -- as she's done for more than 12 years!

Blues are marvelous! We have four Sables right now.

Ann likes this.
  7. 50 Shades of Blue

Mar 31, 2018
    Thank you so much, Chris. BTW - we share a first name! My first 7 Shelties were sables. That's all I ever thought I wanted until I was around a beautiful blue I just loved. I live near a wonderful breeder who has helped me branch out into the other colors. My puppies are only 5 months old - Trinity (bi-black) and Tierney (sable). Irish names for Scottish dogs!:)

8. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    Wecome! We are on Shelties # 4 and 5, grandmother and granddaughter. Brooke our bi-black is a feisty 12 and Faith our tri is 5. We had 3 sables before, and still can't figure out how we ended up with two black dogs, LOL. Would not mind having a blue either, but we hope to add another sable face here someday.

Anyone who has had 17 Shelties has a wealth of knowledge and lots of stories to share, right? ;)

You will definitely need to post some photos of your cuties. Are you East or West coast, or in the middle?

9. 50 Shades of Blue

Mar 31, 2018
    Hi Sharon and thank you for your welcome! I am East Coast - PA. And yes, the stories - there are certainly a lot of them.

I will post photos as soon as I look around the site and find out how to do it.

BTW - I know this is late but if anyone is interested there is a dog show on USA right now. It started at 6PM ET on USA.

SPOILER - please don't read any further if you don't want to know about the herding group.

Sheltie took the herding group! YAY!!! The show repeats on USA tomorrow at 9PM ET.

10. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    Welcome:smile2:
    we love pix:yes:

I grew up in PA and still have family there but winter sent me south many years ago.....
    I currently have 4 shelties- sable, sable merle, biblack and biblue...

Jams likes this.