Hanne
Forums Sage
None of me have been car sick
- when I retrieved Minnie, I had my sister as well as the dog cage from my previous dogs.
The plan was to put Minnie in the cage first and if she became upset, she would get on my lap
- she should not start with a trauma.
She slept until we were on a ferry, then she sat on my lap the next hour and when we had to drive 1 hour again, she was also in the cage without any problems.
I always have my puppies in bed at night - we also tie a tight band that way.
As they move, it's out and doing business and going to bed again
Personally, I do not like to confining a puppy/dogs in my home.
- So I do not use cages inside
- a baby gate that Margi mentions is perfect for just shielding the dog.
- Rules in the house teach the puppy being with us, exactly like a child.
it can be a bit more difficult when you have smaller children at the same time - since a Sheltie is very sensitive.
It is difficult with a puppy and requires a job
But do we do the job well - in the end it gives "paws"
A link to us new Sheltie owners so we may better understand this little sensitive breed.
http://sheltieforums.com/threads/are-shelties-for-everyone.22964/
- when I retrieved Minnie, I had my sister as well as the dog cage from my previous dogs.
The plan was to put Minnie in the cage first and if she became upset, she would get on my lap
- she should not start with a trauma.
She slept until we were on a ferry, then she sat on my lap the next hour and when we had to drive 1 hour again, she was also in the cage without any problems.
I always have my puppies in bed at night - we also tie a tight band that way.
As they move, it's out and doing business and going to bed again
Personally, I do not like to confining a puppy/dogs in my home.
- So I do not use cages inside
- a baby gate that Margi mentions is perfect for just shielding the dog.
- Rules in the house teach the puppy being with us, exactly like a child.
it can be a bit more difficult when you have smaller children at the same time - since a Sheltie is very sensitive.
It is difficult with a puppy and requires a job

But do we do the job well - in the end it gives "paws"

A link to us new Sheltie owners so we may better understand this little sensitive breed.
http://sheltieforums.com/threads/are-shelties-for-everyone.22964/

