Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

How to feed your dog for health and longevity

Discussion in 'General Health' started by ghggp, Nov 26, 2021.

1. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan

I know Lisa posted about this book earlier. Saw this video and found it quite interesting.

Hanne, Margi, Sharon7 and 1 other person like this.
  2. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    Love it! Thank you for sharing Gloria!
    I’m going to be getting some rabbit meat for the dogs…$5/pound but well worth it. A new protein they’ve never had and so difficult to find as it’s so very sought after! I had to draw the line…could’ve gotten it with fur, paws and ears and I said uhmmmm…nooooo:ROFLMAO:. Just the meat and bones lol. My dogs will love it!

Hanne likes this.
  3. Hanne

Hanne Forums Sage

Nov 13, 2014
    Danmark
    Lisa - I am pretty sure you have complete control over your Barf feeding :winkgrin:

But dry food suits my temperament better :wink2:
    I would be afraid of not getting the right vitamins / minerals
    and manufacturers' frozen BAFR products mostly contain resistant bacteria.

"visiting dogs must not be fed with BARF products, as the visiting dogs come into contact with debilitated people, where the risk of complications is high if the debilitated people become infected with antibiotic-resistant bacteria"

4. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    I’ve been feeding raw for over 4 years now and I treat it the same as I treat any raw meat in my kitchen. I clean and sanitize any areas that I’ve used in preparation. All meat has bacteria in it, even those you buy from the store (e coli for example)...also pet food companies that prepare raw food for dogs are held to a MUCH higher standard, you’ll find considerably fewer recalls from them that those that prepare kibble. I wonder how many people give kibble as treats and yet don’t wash their hands afterwards...quite often kibble is contaminated with salmonella.
    https://houseofpawsboutique.com/blogs/news/kibble-is-recalled-75-times-more-than-raw
    In the end what we all want is for our dogs to live a long and happy and healthy life...that’s what I strive for every day.:yes::biggrin2:

Hanne, Ron Atkinson and Sharon7 like this.
  5. Hanne

Hanne Forums Sage

Nov 13, 2014
    Danmark
    ❤️️ Yes, that's exactly what we want

Piper's mom, Ron Atkinson and Sharon7 like this.