Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

hummus anyone????

Discussion in 'BARF, Raw & Natural Diets' started by tesslynn, Apr 11, 2016.

1. tesslynn

tesslynn Forums Enthusiast

Mar 3, 2014
    idaho
    I like hummus, I eat all kinds/flavors:biggrin2: But I want to know if any of y'all have given it to your furbabies, and did it cause tummy issues? I know they would eat it, I just don't know if it would be tolerated. There isn't much they wouldn't eat, but sometimes they can eat stuff and it not agree. Kaleigh about had a tizzy fit wanting to taste what mom had, I guess it smelled good to her.

2. Silaria

Silaria Forums Sage

Sep 19, 2008
    Aspinwall, PA
    I haven't tried to give my dogs hummus but the first thing that springs to mind is that I wouldn't attempt to give garlic hummus to the dogs. Garlic isn't good for them and the garlic hummus I've had has been very garlicy.

3. tesslynn

tesslynn Forums Enthusiast

Mar 3, 2014
    idaho
    good point-thanks! I am not keen on the really garlicky types. I do season much of my food with some garlic, but not overpowering. The girls eat most of what I eat and so they have grown up on garlic flavored stuff, but I don't use large quantities. Savannah use to eat the chives in my garden, anything with scent or texture made it into her mouth.

4. Kaye

Kaye Forums Regular

Jan 31, 2016
    Portland, OR
    I don't think that hummus would harm your dog in small amounts. Legumes aren't a normal part of a dog's diet, but a small amount shouldn't cause harm. And I feed garlic to Maddie all the time (in small amounts), the garlic found in a small amount of hummus won't harm your dog at all.