Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Humorous Story

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by MissyGallant, Feb 13, 2018.

1. MissyGallant

MissyGallant Premium Member

Dec 20, 2011
    Sheridan, Indiana
    We went to a local dog Barkery on Saturday. Turns out, there is a new owner. SHE's A SHELTIE LADY!!! She has four of them. So, of course, she was in love with Cooper and Rocket. She had purchased several antlers to sell at the shop. We bought some. She said, "Tell me how the dogs like them because mine don't like them." Well, our shelties don't seem to know what to do with them either. BUT- the cats LOVE them. They knock those things all over the floor for hours. So, the Super Shelties official opinion on antlers is that they are terrible chew toys- but make EXCELLENT cat toys. LOL!!!

mimiretz likes this.
  2. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    I tried them too! Neither of my boys likes them or knew what to do with them. The cat paid no attention to them at all.
    I did give them to a friend that has two Dalmatians... they loved them!

3. corbinam

corbinam Moderator

Oct 14, 2008
    Ohio
    Did you get the regular antlers or the split ones? Split ones are more interesting to my guys.

4. MissyGallant

Dec 20, 2011
    Sheridan, Indiana
    They are split. But the Boys and Belles just don't care. But Evil Purrfessor Little Puss has been chasing them around the room for three days now. She LOVES them.

Calliesmom likes this.
  5. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Forums Enthusiast

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    Id bought a small one for Piper when he was a pup and he didn't care much for it either! The puppy is going to have sooo many toys to play with, I must've spent in excess of 150$ on toys that just sit in the toy box. He'd had a cloth frisbee he liked that my sister had gotten him...chewed that one until I threw it out lol.

ghggp likes this.
  6. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    The ones I got were cut in half!

7. Sharon7

Sharon7 Forums Enthusiast

Oct 31, 2009
    Southern California
    The only chew that seems to interest my girls are bully sticks. Well, Asta and Ally LOVED cow hooves, but I didn't realize how bad they could be for them until they BOTH got slab fractures on their big molars because of chewing those hard hooves. :rolleyes2: That was one expensive lesson. :cry:

8. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    How do you keep from getting their RUFF not to be soiled by chewing on them?

9. MissyGallant

Dec 20, 2011
    Sheridan, Indiana
    Hey- Learned that lesson too!

10. Sharon7

Sharon7 Forums Enthusiast

Oct 31, 2009
    Southern California
    LOL, we DON'T! We call it "rawhide bib" when they are done, but it seems to brush out pretty easily once dry.