Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Hurricane Deska hits

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by Caro, Jun 17, 2017.

1. Caro

Caro Moderator

Jan 14, 2009
    Today was a local dog event where the dogs and I staffed the Delta Therapy dog stall. Towards the end of the day we headed off to look at the other stalls. That's when hurricane Deska hit.
    • We start off at the Advance stall, Deska knocks two bowls of kibble from the tables and eats them both.
    • We move on to RSPCA with gourmet biscuits - ended up having to buy 3 that Deska pulled down.
    • Next stall, lady bending over to look at something, Deska shoves his nose in her treat pouch.
    • Snuffle mat, yep pull that off the table to check for treats.
    • Left over lunch in a handbag under a stall, better pull that out.
    • Another bowl of treats pulled on the ground
    • A pocket picked, mostly tissues stolen
    • A shelf of Ziwipeaks, pull them all down and slobber over the pkts
    • Bowl of K9 treats, knock them over
    • Oh look a company selling home made food, put the paws in a container of wet food to pull off some chicken sausages
    • Bin with pigs ears, I'll have two of those thankyou.
    And the piece de resistance, dog food stall, fancy pedestals set up with food and treats, lets just jump up and knock the pedestals over. Chain reaction, one hits the next and there's 3 pedestals of food on the ground.

By the time I finished picking up the last stall the event was over and behind us a trail of destruction. The stalls ahead that we didn't make it to all breathed a sigh of relief.

Our friends at the Sponsor's stall, who know Deska well, thought it was hilarious and gave me a bag to carry all our ill-gotten gains.

And now hurricane Deska is asleep on the couch, no doubt will be sick or have the runs tomorrow, but for now he's sleeping with a smile on his face.

Cleo2014 and Hanne like this.
  2. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Sorry, Caro, this actually did make me laugh out loud! Too too funny! :ROFLMAO:

3. SheepOfBlue

SheepOfBlue Premium Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Sca says pre-dinner, surely Deska got more

4. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    What a day!

I guess you have a professional taste tester on your hands! :ROFLMAO:

A new career maybe? ;)

5. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    OMG I laughed and laughed! I wouldn't wonder if his tummy rebels later. I always tell friends my Shelties are like Labs when it comes to food, glorious food.

6. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    me too:lol:
    I can see the trail of destruction from here......:pop

7. mimiretz

mimiretz Forums Enthusiast

Oct 14, 2014
    denver
    I'm also laughing. Oberon would like to know if he can come with next time, and be Deska's helper.

8. Cara Sandler

Cara Sandler Forums Enthusiast

Jul 11, 2015
    Florida
    Bwahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry, but it's probably so funny because I could TOTALLY see Spirit or Skylar (actually, most likely Skylar) doing EXACTLY the same thing!!!!!!!!

9. Cara Sandler

Cara Sandler Forums Enthusiast

Jul 11, 2015
    Florida
    Someone once left a hotdog outside the agility ring (for their dog to have as a reward when it finished). Spirit saw it long before I did and it took her less than a second (literally, less than a second) to swallow the whole thing.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2017
  10. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Layla is pursing her lips and looking disapproving.

Cara Sandler likes this.