Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

I’m so excited!!!

Discussion in 'Puppies 101' started by Piper's mom, Jan 4, 2021.

1. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    So after flip flopping from getting the puppy to no I’m not getting the puppy...I decided IF my holidays were approved I’d get her. Well they were approved! I actually told my supervisor and she said hmmm I’ll have to call this other worker etc...then she said you know what I’m just going to approve them now so you can start planning.
    It’s downright beautiful here right now (normal high should be around-15 C)...right now it’s +3 C. I’m hoping this weather holds however the breeder told me this girl has such a thick coat she can be outside for a few minutes...I can’t imagine...both of mine never had such a coat that young!
    Now a name...I’m thinking her CKC name A Breath of Snow and Ashes (ok I’m stealing a book title here and not sure if it’s allowed so this could be changed) and call name????
    Now my pre puppy work begins....
    DD2491DA-19D1-4D0C-A498-2204F853EFFB.png E3E89F76-5EC3-46D3-BFD1-B2FA96A50C3C.jpeg

Hanne, KarenCurtis, RikyR and 7 others like this.
  2. TheDailyPainter

TheDailyPainter Forums Enthusiast

Sep 19, 2019
  3. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Premium Member

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    LOVE it!!!! I potty trained Brodie 2 years ago, during snow, ice, nothing for sure like what you get, but dress for it and it can be done. I think it's a GREAT time to get a puppy! By spring, you will have a better handle on pottying, she will be up to date on shots which means you can get out and about (safely) with her and not stuck to your house. Spring/summer is a better time for US to be able to get them outdoors but winter, man it is just the BEST!

Good for you! She is absolutely BEAUTFUL!!!! Love her CKC name and the call name will come, maybe you need to meet and spend some time with her to really find the one you feel fits, maybe not! You got this!!!

She has a blue eye too!

How much does she weigh currently?

KarenCurtis and Sharon7 like this.
  4. trini

trini Premium Member

Nov 13, 2013
    What happy news!!!!!! Can't wait to here about your new wee lass as she settles into the family. :) She is totally adorable.
    Trini

Hanne, KarenCurtis, Sharon7 and 2 others like this.
  5. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Yay!! Congratulations! So happy for you. And what stunning puppy pictures ... that piece of evergreen she's chewing on cracks me up. I love her name too! You'll find the perfect call name. Something to do with snow or winter? Can't wait to hear about all the puppy antics! Happy planning! (If you don't have a pen, make sure that's on your list...a must for peace for you and the boys!)

Hanne, KarenCurtis, RikyR and 4 others like this.
  6. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Layla was housebroken during February. In the snow. She learned to go really fast!!!

7. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    I have a x pen but am going to get another for outside so she goes quick and can’t go anywhere lol. On the plus side our weather is unseasonably warm and no end in sight! We may not even get the really cold weather. Hopefully the gods will smile on us! As for a name I’m writing down every name I think of...I think your right, I may have to meet her first.
    I might add that you guys were a big help in my decision :winkgrin:!​

Hanne, Sandy in CT, RikyR and 4 others like this.
  8. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    I bet she will rule the house!
    Both the boys will be smitten when they see her. Who could not fall in love with that face! Are you planning to show her in confirmation?

Last edited: Jan 5, 2021
    Hanne, Ann, Sandy in CT and 1 other person like this.
  9. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    love your boss approving your time off so you can get the pupppppyyyyy:yes:

as far as the name, who is the main character in the story?

Sandy in CT and Sharon7 like this.
  10. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Most definitely yes to conformation I’ll get her started on a table and grooming and stacking right away, once things open up and she’s had all shots classes...obedience and confirmation.
    On the plus side I found another x-pen for outside (a plastic Iris x-pen), used but a good price. We have a local dog community on Facebook (and online) where people post things for sale or need to buy so I posted if anyone was selling and found one right away! This x-pen has 12 panels total (and 3 doors) and will be great as she grows! They said it makes a great run (of course I’m thinking of potty...I’m done with allowing them to go everywhere!) and being plastic no rust! Hopefully things will open up a bit here soon so I can buy some new toys and I’d like to get her a covered dog bed.

Hanne, Ann, Sandy in CT and 1 other person like this.