Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

I blame Brodie

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by GlennR, Mar 26, 2019.

1. GlennR

GlennR Forums Enthusiast

Jan 11, 2019
    Ontario, Canada
    Well, not really, :) , but after being accident-free for a month and a half, Willow squatted right in front of me in the living room preparing to do a number two. I dropped my tablet in my haste to grab her, which I did and hustled her outside where she went in her ex-pen for a big reward. Neither my tablet nor my Willow were hurt but I sure was surprised. I've never had a dog backtrack that far in housebreaking ever. The best chap I had was a German shepherd who peed in the house just once, was told off, then praised for finishing outside and that was the last error he made.

Now I wonder if she really understands she's only supposed to go outside. Well, I'm home with her and I'll keep her in whatever room I'm in, not that that seemed to stop her last night. Bold and she'd just been out. I have to say, she keeps me on my toes.

Here are a couple of shots of her in her ex-pen this morning.

https://photos.smugmug.com/Animals/Willow/i-Pd9Wmwt/1/b9a34578/XL/2019032610194198-IMG_1547-XL.jpg

https://photos.smugmug.com/Animals/Willow/i-kHQc5Xv/1/b1ea5450/XL/2019032610194198-IMG_1548-XL.jpg

And one from this afternoon in the sunshine.

https://photos.smugmug.com/Animals/Willow/i-L6ZMJ9M/0/af069204/L/IMG_1554-L.jpg

On the plus side, we had a good walk today where she sat three times to let strangers pass and met and behaved nicely with two older dogs, one a Cairn terrier and the other a boxer. She is so happy to meet other dogs, her whole body wags.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2019
  2. Sharon7

Sharon7 Premium Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Southern California
    Asta did the same thing, right in front of my husband and I in the hallway, except she peed. We were both so startled, we yelled "NO!" at the same time and it really startled her. She never did it again. I guess you can't let your guard down yet for a while, she lulled you into complacency, LOL.

Willow is a beautiful girl, and it appears your snow is melting!!! Yay, spring!

Calliesmom likes this.
  3. pomshe

pomshe Forums Regular

Apr 6, 2015
    Pittsburgh
    She sure is cute!

Calliesmom and GlennR like this.
  4. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Premium Member

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    Good thing they are cute, aye? I was SOOOO shocked when Brodie started to poo in the house. He had NEVER had a poo accident. A day or two of a lot of kennel time and he has been much better and I am on top of things.

He stopped 'sit' as well in obedience class today. He will heel, but won't sit unless he wants to sit. 'Sit' after heel today in class was turn around and stand facing whatever was behind me. I got through 3 human teenagers, and they were 3 in 4 years so close in age!, so I guess one little peanut won't outwit me - maybe.

Willow sure looks pretty in the sunshine! Guess she just taught daddy how to move quickly - better watch it - that Willow is a wise one!

Ann and Caro like this.
  5. KarenCurtis

KarenCurtis Premium Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Massachusetts
    So cute! How high is your x pen?

6. GlennR

GlennR Forums Enthusiast

Jan 11, 2019
    Ontario, Canada
    It's thirty inches high. I'm sure if she set her mind to it she could get out easy enough but the yard is fenced with a privacy fence and high gate to it wouldn't mean much. I use the pen as I can keep it free of all leaves, debris and sticks that she thinks add to her diet.

KarenCurtis likes this.
  7. KarenCurtis

KarenCurtis Premium Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Massachusetts
    Thanks! Good to know! I do not have a fenced in yard, but I live on a one way unpaved dead end road. Still, if I were to leave the pup in the pen to get groceries from the car I'd like to be sure it could not jump out

8. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    "Neither my tablet nor my Willow were hurt but I sure was surprised."
    YOU were surprised!? Bet you weren't half as surprised as SHE was! :lol:

Sandy in CT likes this.