Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

I don't want to brag, but...

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by MissyGallant, Jun 23, 2019.

1. MissyGallant

MissyGallant Forums Enthusiast

Dec 20, 2011
    Sheridan, Indiana
    My dogs have already destroyed 3 rolls of toilet paper since Friday. I'm so proud.

2. KarenCurtis

KarenCurtis Premium Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Massachusetts
    :lol::lol::lol:

Calliesmom, Hanne and GlennR like this.
  3. Wendy C

Wendy C Premium Member

May 30, 2019
    Paris, Ontario CANADA

I had one that did that. I took a small metal box like an Altoid box, put a bunch of pennies in it or screws etc. and taped it up with masking tape so it wouldn’t fall apart. Carefully set it on top of the toilet paper roll and wait for the next devious visit from the smarty pants. It should fall off and make such a noise that they will never go near it again. Hope it works for you. :).

GlennR, Sharon7, Calliesmom and 2 others like this.
  4. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Forums Sage

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    :yuckyuck
    Hopefully the double rolls...champion shredders:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

GlennR, Sharon7, Calliesmom and 4 others like this.
  5. KarenCurtis

KarenCurtis Premium Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Massachusetts
    I just close the door, when I remember!

6. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    That can be an expensive hobby! Needless to say, the clean-up required...

Thank goodness Liam is out of that stage!

Someone told me to try and spray perfume on the inside of the paper roll... the sent is too strong and they won't go near it. I like the box with coins idea.

KarenCurtis and Calliesmom like this.
  7. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Premium Member

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    My powder-room is down a short hallway off my kitchen. I am weird about the door closed down there. To me it leaves this dark hole, but I do have a happy shredder. Plus, if we ignore Brodie when he's trying to tell us he has to go, he will go down in the powder-room and bark - he must realize we got there when we have to go.

Brodie shreds toilet paper, books, magazines, anything..... My extra napkins are in a basket at the bottom of a tall cabinet - he thinks he has found the holy grail if I leave that cabinet open! He sneaks in there, grabs a mouthful and gets busy shredding! Yesterday - he swore up and down with those eyes that it was not him not knowing he had evidence hanging from the side of his mouth!

KarenCurtis, GlennR, Sharon7 and 2 others like this.
  8. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    :yuckyuck Yep, been there... Ha, Ha, can pass up the EVIDENCE! No mom... not me!!!

GlennR and Calliesmom like this.
  9. MissyGallant

MissyGallant Forums Enthusiast

Dec 20, 2011
    Sheridan, Indiana
    Triple rolls. ***SIGH***. But little hooligans. We stopped using the toilet paper holder when Simon the Siamese started twirling it off the roll. So there is a shelf above the sink. You kind of have to reach behind you and up and around the cabinet over the toilet to get to the toilet paper, But it used to keep it safe. Until Cassie decided to learn to hop onto the toilet to reach it. And since Clarabelle still shreds it at almost 8, I just don't think they are going to outgrow this.

10. Margi

Margi Forums Enthusiast

Nov 2, 2012
    Corona, AZ
    Thankful that Benson hasn't figured out the toilet paper yet, but he is a champion kleenex/napkin shredder, so the danger is real!